4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 16, 2015 5:32 PM by jamesdean RSS

Delta Hotels - when will we know categories/resort status/etc?

jlbarone3 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Hello. I know Delta hotels are supposed to be fully integrated into the Marriott family in Feb 2016 (prob around Feb 29 to coincide with the restart of status/program year on March 1).

My question is -- when will we know what the category levels of the Delta hotels will be? Which will be "resorts"? Will the Delta hotels that currently have lounges keep them? Etc.

It would be helpful to know this info before late Feb as we may want to book Delta hotels for early 2016 -- but how can I book an award stay in April? Do I have to wait until Feb 29 even to book? And how will I know if it's a "resort?"

Just curious. Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Delta Hotels - when will we know categories/resort status/etc?
    Jsucool76 Gold

I'd also be excited to know this, as supposedly there is a delta hotel launching in Lake Buena Vista florida, near disney. If it does end up opening and the propety is nice it could be a good place for me to stay during my frequent disney trips.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi jlbarone3,

Thanks so much for starting this thread, we are checking with our team to see if they have more details surrounding Delta hotels prior to the February 2016 incorporation, and will let you and the community know once we hear back.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

jlbarone3.

Our team has notified us that they will not have the category information regarding Delta Hotels & Resorts until February 2016, but once they have the information, it will be passed on to members.

For information that we do have for now, here is the link to this section on our site:

http://www.marriott.com/marriott-rewards/delta-hotels-faqs.mi

Thanks again for reaching out on this, sorry we do not have more information to share at this time.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

I've stayed in a few Delta's and I'd say just off hand they rate anywhere from a Cat 5 to a Cat 7. This is based on the hotels in Vancouver, Regina & Winnipeg.

JD

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...