14 Replies Latest reply: Aug 3, 2016 8:33 AM by donethat RSS

Platinum Customer Care experience

justincfreem Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am curious as to whether or not anyone else has gotten the basic brush off by customer care and had your issue dumped right back to the hotel.    In my situation I stayed at the Atlanta Marriott Northwest at Galerria Oct 19th through 21st.   I utilized the Marriot website to make the reservation and check in online with the app only to arrive and they had no record of my reservation.  I specifically had reserved the concierge level and they tried to given me a lesser quality room at that same higher rate,  took me pressing to get put where I had reserved.    A waste of almost 45 minutes for something that should have been 5.   I they asked if I wanted the arrival gift or the points and I requested the points only to not receive them.    Then to top it all of my Bose noise cancelling headphones mysteriously disappeared from my room and I got the run around at the hotel for over 2 weeks.   I called into Customer Care and all they did was route me to the hotel and I am still dealing with them now almost a month later.  I had left 2 different messages for the GM Joel,  who never called me back,  left various other messages at the hotel with no return call until I finally connected with the loss prevention manager.    I couldn't believe that customer care basically just said it is a hotel issue and reconnected me there and did nothing further.      Highly frustrated and of course now getting the run around through the insurance process.   I am out $300 and highly considering leaving Marriott and taking my 120 plus nights a year with me. 

Any one else get this kind of blow off?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Platinum Customer Care experience
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hello justincfreem, and welcome to Insiders!

As you may have already seen, this is a great place to talk about all things travel.  Its a wonderful forum to share your travel experiences and recommendations, as well as see what other Rewards Members have to say. I am one of the moderators here along with lindseyh and carat.  If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us at any time. I've also added a link to our 'Getting Started Guide' just incase you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, I would like to send your experience to our team for further clarification on how this has been processed.  Can you please send me a private message with your Rewards Number, as well as your contact information and confirmation or reservation number for this stay? If you have the names of any one that has assisted you in this matter from Marriott Customer Care, or the hotel, you can send that as well.

I look forward to receiving this from you, and seeing more of you around on this forum in the future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

justincfreem Platinum

I have tried sending you a DM but not sure if it went through. 

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello justincfreem.  Would you mind sending the message again?  We'd like to make sure we can address your issue.  Thanks in advance!

justincfreem Platinum

I have tried sending again,  appears it might have gone through this time.   Hopefully

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

justincfreem, I have had hit and miss service from the platinum line.  Some reps have gone above and beyond to help and others seemed indifferent.  Never hurts to call again and see if a different rep will be more helpful, I suppose.  In my experience, some of the individual Marriott properties are poorly run and there is little hope of getting much help from the manager at the actual property in those cases (Minneapolis Marriott West for example - UGH!).  Does the credit card you used for this reservation have any type of travel insurance that would cover your loss?  Maybe that's the insurance you are talking about that's giving you the run around....   

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

One thing that I recommend is to get the name of any Marriott rep that you  like and keep it.  When you have a problem, as for that rep and you are likely to get a better resolution.

mikiegfla Platinum 4 Reviews

One thing you didn't mention in your post is whether you called up the reservation number that should have been emailed to you (and been associated with your online account) to the person at the front desk when they couldn't find your record.

justincfreem Platinum

To Circle Back   thanks to the mod's this matter has finally been resolved.  I appreciate their help and now feel much better about this situation and it was handled properly.  

h8nlife Platinum

Very glad to hear they fixed this issue for you.  That being said I'm a customer service consultant for the automotive industry but service is service.  What this industry forgets sometimes is if we seen a used mattress at a yard sale for $10 we would end up just short of grossed out by the idea of owning a used mattress, but we are expected to spend 120 to 220 per night to rent one. It shouldn't take the effort or time it took you to get this resolved. Customer service is not just a choice but a commitment. I personally have not had 1 single issue yet and I stay in these properties a lot more than I stay at my home so I must say that I'm thankful you posted the fact that someone finally took care of this for you.  Be safe in your travels.

dp86 Platinum

carat and NathalieF i tried reaching out to you guys with regards to my issue with the LNF team but to no avail. Not sure if you guys received my message if not please do reach out to me. 

Hi dp86.  Apologies for any frustrations caused!  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message to open up the conversation.  Please let me know if you have not received it.  Talk soon. 

jmanning1976 Member

Can someone please help me get a response from Marriott? Nobody will help me after three days of attempts.  I was treated poorly and disrespected and I want to know that SOMEONE knows about it.

Hi jmanning1976.  I'd like to help and have sent you a direct message for additional details. 

donethat Platinum 5 Reviews

I too have had ups and downs with Marriott customer care.  Sometimes they go above and beyond, other times I get the brush off.  I think it's the same across the board with any big company, and find same w/ ATT, Hilton, Direct TV, it is the luck of the draw on who answers the call.  Makes you wonder at times who is serving who.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...