23 Replies Latest reply: Nov 13, 2015 6:00 PM by bejacob RSS

PETITION

Platinum 28 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

ATTENTION

TO: ALL COMMUNITY MANAGERS AND INSIDERS WE OFFER THIS PETITION

THOSE OF US  BELOW REQUEST THAT YOU PLEASE USE YOUR POSITION TO HELP  RETURNING OUR ABILITY TO REVIEW PROPERTIES FROM A FREQUENT TRAVELER PERSPECTIVE.

1. MISTERCHK

Others agreeing with this position please add your reply.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: PETITION
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

2, IAHFLYR completely agrees, bring back HOTEL REVIEWS!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

3, NE_Traveling_Man agrees as well!!!!  I think it's great to take advantage of the diversity of people and the different areas that they travel across the world!!!  All that information in one place from people that you trust!!!  The information that I received on here from people earlier this year led me to change my typical February vacation location to a new and different location; my wife and I are really looking forward to it and she was "sold" on it by me showing her the comments and some photos!!!!

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Yes, please!

crnkotm Platinum 6 Reviews

crnkotm would love to see the hotel reviews come back. This is a valuable tool in both improving customer service as well as recognizing outstanding employees!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

6. brightlybob signs up

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

7. tryt53 Also agrees and signs up.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I may be in the minority here as I no longer care whether hotel reviews come back or not. At first I lamented their departure, but no more.

I enjoyed reading reviews from regular contributors of this site and amazingly I can still find them (see Hotel Review:  Portland Marriott City Center as a recent example). I know it takes a bit more effort but we can still share our experiences.

How about these?

Courtyard Waikiki - review

Renaissance Allentown - Hotel Review

Re: Review Monterey Marriott

or my very own

Mauna Kea Beach Hotel - Autograph property par excellence

So there is no dedicated hotel review tool on Insiders any more. So what? It appears despite all the hue and cry that will not change. Go ahead and review hotels as blog posts or discussions. Granted, it might take a bit of searching to find the content later instead of having all reviews of a property grouped together.

As for wanting information about where to stay in NYC or London on a future trip, I'll probably read through past discussions on the topic or pose an open question to other Insiders.

I'm done worrying about the long-gone hotel reviews. Keep pounding the drum if you like. I've more important things to worry about like earning enough Marriott badges to surpass painedplatinum .

misterchk, I wish you success in trying to get hotel reviews back. I'll even add my name though at this point it no longer matters to me.

8. bejacob

Platinum 28 Reviews

bejacob I not only respect your opinion I would go to the "wall" to preserve your right to post it.

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

While I have written hotel reviews in the form of a discussion as bejacob refers however; I still would enjoy and prefer the hotel reviews return in a more manageable fashion than before.  I am not lazy, just rather be able to see the review without having to read through some random individual who was angry at the hotel and got the survey so they let out the rant.  I value the opinion of most Insiders long before a one time Marriott hotel visitor.

Bang Bang Bang.......change!!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

In tribute to a sorely missed Insiders MIA:

landfill gulls.jpg

"Hey, boss, What do we with this petition?"  "Put it over there with the BOGOs!"

Platinum 28 Reviews

A few of the comments above are quite satisfied with the current "blog" and/or discussion thread about properties.

I'm going to give them the "benefit of the doubt" as they might have forgotten how orderly the system was when it was last available to us.

You could query a specific property in the database and, in chronological order, you had positive and negative specifics about the property with an exact timeline.  These were written by experienced elite members of our forum.

I still maintain that the quality of these reviews were far superior to what is available to us currently.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

misterchk & fellow Insiders,

We continue to support and encourage beginning threads for the purpose of reviewing properties. We value your feedback on this matter, and as with the previous thread surrounding this topic,

https://www.rewards-insiders.marriott.com/message/169546#169546, there are unfortunately no plans to move Reviews back to the Insiders site. We truly appreciate you coming forward with topics that are important to you.

Platinum 28 Reviews

deannad

With all due respect your message was kind of insulting.  I also question the sincerity of how much you appreciate my or other "rebels" topics.

Telling me that there are no plans to re-instate the facility to review properties is why the petition was created. Obviously if there were plans there would be no need for this action.

My only motivation is to make our lives easier when travelling.  Consequently Marriotts constant refusal to take any of our suggestions is counterproductive and also quite irritating..

I work hard on the road.  I don't need surprises when ending the day at my hotel.  Marriott evidently  doesn't want me to avoid surprises about a property that I could have been aware of prior to reserving.  Sorry deannad, this just doesn't compute with me.

Sooner or later the Marriott organization is going to wake up to the fact that there are other choices.  To maintain MR as the best of the hotel loyalty programs they should remain flexible to the changing times.

As I get closer and closer from being blocked from the forum I have decided to maintain my militancy on subjects I feel quite strongly about.

One thing we in this community may not realize is that this decision likely occurred at a level above the community moderators. They clearly have heard us. They have likely even passed the information up the chain of command. Odds are pretty good, there is nothing more they can do.

As misterchk and IAHFLYR point out, the old system was better. Now that it's gone (apparently for good) we have to make do.

I'm ready to turn my attention back to trying to get Marriott to let us choose our own MegaBonus. That likely has about the same chance of succeeding, but it's something I can get behind. Maybe I can dot the i in script "MegaBonus Choice."

Platinum 28 Reviews

bejacob

When are we going to get out of denail that they really don't care? 

If the community managers are only the mouthpieces of their superiors, my respect for their efforts is deteriorating at a rapid rate.

Sorry for the venting but they are regarding us a fools not valuable customers.

I believe the moderators do care. I believe that they pass information both ways not just from Marriott to us. I also believe the changes we want them to make are decided by others higher up the corporate structure. There is no value in shooting the messenger.

Now whether Marriott management cares is another issue. I won't touch that one.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Please understand this isn't a debate about the community managers.

I am trying (some some aid) to get something accomplished.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Yep, Im all in...

JD

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I agree

fedupplt Platinum 33 Reviews

Definitely need reviews! Tripadvisor is now surviving by reviews and Marriott properties that have been recognized by Tripadvisor post the "award" conspicuously at the front desk.

We all would like to know BEFORE making a reservation how positive the property is going to be.

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I agree!

bpelican Platinum 57 Reviews

misterchk

I'm in, sir.  I found the reviews to be very useful and influential in my travel plans.

tommo781 Silver 8 Reviews

Couldn't agree more!  Bring them back.  Reviews from Marriott Rewards members mean so much more than from anyone else.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...