7 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2015 9:06 AM by mattvojvoda RSS

What happened to invites for maintaining Platinum status?

heelsandstills Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Usually around October, I would get an invite to maintain my Platinum status by staying a certain amount of nights before the end of the year. However, I didn't get one this year. Anyone know why, or is there a new promo/invite?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: What happened to invites for maintaining Platinum status?
    fistuk Platinum

Hi heelsandstills,

I was wondering myself regarding this issue.

Customer service indicated that these kind of challenges are sent directly from their corporate office, and can't be provided by them (CS) or anyone else.

I don't know what are the parameters for being eligible for this challenge, but it seems it's not an automatic one... 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

suzysharp Platinum

I've never received that offer. What I usually get is a buyback offer in Feb to buy back my status for 40k points

mattvojvoda Platinum

I was wondering the same thing, havent seen one at all this year...

mattvojvoda Platinum

I talked with customer service today also, they said you can request 1 per year to do a challenge to get you to the next level. She said it isn't automatically put on all accounts.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...