2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2015 12:03 PM by joshp RSS

PE in 2015, currently at 43 nights...what to do

bjones8162 Platinum 1 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

So I made PE in 2015 through a status challenge.  Right now for 2015 I am at 43 night.  I do have a little more travel planned, but not sure I will hit 50 by the end of the year.  Does it really matter?  Is there a good reason to push for 50 for my status next year?  I cannot recall if my PE covers 2016 as well or if I fall back to Gold, but if either of those are true then no reason for me to push for 50 correct?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: PE in 2015, currently at 43 nights...what to do
    joshp Platinum

I was PE for a while when I was working for a consulting group, changed jobs, and lost my PE status. If you earned PE status this year, it will carry over to next year, giving you a chance to renew it. In my opinion the perks are nice (additional bonus points, auto upgrade to the nicest available room) and are probably worth staying an extra night or two to renew. On the other hand, I am travelling much more now and back to PE status, so the perks have a bigger personal impact...

Another option would be to apply for one of the Marriott credit cards...at least 15 night credits are added to your annual total.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: PE in 2015, currently at 43 nights...what to do
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

PE is somewhat better than Gold but the difference is not huge.   It is worth the effort to get Platinum.

Do you have the Marriott Rewards Visa?  If not, get it and you will get 15 nights, up front and 1 night for each $3K you charge.  For me it is the difference between being Silver with  40 some nights and making Platinum.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...