8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 10, 2015 8:21 AM by suchfun2travel RSS

Need help reaching customer care

suchfun2travel Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Yes... I'm one of those that registered just now to post a question but to be fair, I was unaware of this site until I had to search for help .  I'm really glad to be here and hope to continue participating going forward!

That said, as I do a fair amount of business travel and use Marriott exclusively, we managed to spend a great deal of our summer vacation with the family at various Marriott properties across the country.  We encountered a very concerning issue at a Springhill Suites in California and quite honestly, I can't believe how the situation ended up being handled; or not handled.  Out of respect, I will not dive into the details here nor have I posted such details publicly but I've all but had it and apparently Marriott could care less if I switch to another chain.

Is there a duty manager of sorts or escalation manager that would handle such matters?  I've given up on the customer care email process as it's becoming a rather ugly finger pointing game between me the customer and the manager (who should have their franchise license revoked).  I have a ridiculously long chain of email threads I'd like to forward and move beyond interacting with the specific local manager of this property as they are not interested in working things out

Any help is greatly appreciated and thank you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Need help reaching customer care
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Welcome to Insiders suchfun2travel, tis a great spot to learn from some very seasoned travelers and a place for you to share in your own experiences both good, bad and the ugly.

I will give a shout out here to the mods on Insiders and one of them will be able to help you with your issue.  Come on kids (carat, lindseyh, KatieC, deannad and NathalieF) help out the newbie please.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fistuk Platinum

Hi ,

I'd recommend you to read my post about how to play it the smart way: click here.

In your case you need to pay attention to the 'Don't hesitate to complain' section and the summary one.

suchfun2travel Gold

This was extremely helpful.  Honestly, in all of my many years traveling, I've never had anything like this happen before.  I'm not one to complain but when I have, it's alway been in a professional way and Marriott has always handled these situations accordingly.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

Well, here's the thing. Some situations are best handled at the hotel level. Some are better dealt with at the corporate level. Different ways of escalating different problems. Some hints about what happened would get you some better answers. We've heard it all hear so your concerns and complaints won't shock anyone.

suchfun2travel Gold

Good to know .  I've been treading carefully because the accusations are serious, at least in my eyes.  I'll just say that bodily fluids were left behind on the sheets and not discovered until crawling into bed and laying on it.  My mistake was not dragging somebody up there right then but it was a long day, my family was along and we simply wanted to get to bed.  Since I had booked two rooms for us to have some space, we simply ended up squeezing into one as it was after midnight.  Sadly the "clean" room was just as nasty but in different ways. 

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Happy to help, suchfun2travel! Shoot me a private message with specifics around what you experienced and I can get this resolved!

suchfun2travel Gold

Thank you lindseyh

Please let me know if you didn't get the private message since I was having web browser issues while trying to send.

Thank you all for the excellent feedback!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...