4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2015 11:07 AM by pharmerj RSS

No rewards @ Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, NC

pharmerj Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I was very disappointed to not be able to use reward points for a weekend stay at the Ritz in Charlotte.  The Marriott support agent informed that there was a special event in town and only four rooms available for sale, but they would not accept points redemption (she even called the hotel to ask).  It's not very rewarding to spend over 100 nights in Marriotts and then not be able to use the points when it matters to me.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA The Ritz-Carlton The Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte
  • Re: No rewards @ Ritz-Carlton, Charlotte, NC
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

It does sound a bit disappointing but im guessing the rooms that were available for points have been taken or that the 4 rooms left are not standard rooms and cannot be booked by points. By any chance are you attending this special event? if so it would have been wise to book the room far in advance and availability for points may have still been there.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

pharmerj Platinum

I am not attending that special event, it is just coincidental.  Of course, you are right, it is always wise to schedule as far in advance as possible.  My disappointment was more that there were rooms available and, even if they are not "standard" rooms, it would be nice if there were an option to spend more points.  If we can use points for upgrades, why can't we use them for different room types?

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

It is common and smart business to have no point redemption nights when the hotel is jammed due to an event. I think booking on points should be available if any room is available but that's not how the system works. Hopefully you find a property that fits your needs.

pharmerj Platinum

Thanks.  That is my point, the system doesn't work right.  If rooms are available, there should be some consideration for elite customers to use their points, even if it were limited to platinum level.  The points are awarded based on a dollar value, but they cannot be redeemed the same way.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...