15 Replies Latest reply: Nov 18, 2015 3:46 PM by iahflyr RSS

bonus points ?

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

the last few times i have booked a room with the  elite offer of 3000 points extra per stay i have had to mail the hotel after my normal points have credited to say there is no bonus they blame the rewards team the rewards team say bonuses are awarded direct from the hotel has anyone else had issues with this as its happened again this weekend

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: bonus points ?
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Just once out of a couple of bonus points that were made using Elite offers and it was the hotel itself that I called to let them know I did not get the points.  It took all of about 30 minutes before they showed up in my account.

So give the hotel a call and talk with the Front Desk Manager and/or billing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

fistuk Platinum

The rewards team is right in this case:

All bonus points should be credited to your account by the hotel as they are the hotel's unique promotion.

lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Looking into confirmation around this, doddsy69! Hold tight and I'll let you know who the correct team to reach out to is.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hello again doddsy69.  I've been working with lindseyh this matter and we've heard back from our team.  They have let us know the following:

With the rates that include bonus points, we are not able to assist.  The bonuses are handled by the hotels themselves.  A lot of the time, the hotels will add the bonuses either all at once for every member who used the rate during the bonus period or they will add them one month at a time.

If the member is unsure on when the points are going to post or feels that they are missing, they would need to contact the hotel for assistance.  If the front desk associate does not have any information about the bonus, they may need to speak with a manager.

Hopefully this provides the clarity you were seeking, and as always, please let us know if you have any additional questions.

Surely with a rate like this the points sue credit with the stay credit ? image.png

Just call the hotel and ask them to fix the problem of you not getting the bonus points.  Then if the hotel continues to balk at it maybe our Insider Team can take the ball and run with it to help the hotel management understand the error of their ways.

Platinum 28 Reviews

IAHFLYR

IAH, no one applauds and appreciates our "insiders" as much as I do.  BUT, can you recall when they were able to "right a wrong"?

Much can be solved as well as create happiness in the world (at least our world) if our Insiders were empowered to correct (at least) simple mistakes make by properties.

I believe they have helped some solve issues even though I cannot speak first hand to that as for what ever reason I seldom have issues (well I have issues with myself ).  Heck I seldom have issues even with United.

Points finally posted today and the blame was laid at the door of new front desk staff what a lot of bull s--t 

Hey doddsy69 why not just accept the answer and the points put into your account rather than put the bs flag in the air?  Sometimes there are training issues that need to be addressed and taken care of by Management (and I'm not a fan of Management ever).

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

To the original question......on 80% of the stays when a bonus is offered by the hotel, I need to call the hotel to follow up. It is a royal pain in the rear, but some hotels are better than others. I'm in NYC this week. The FD manager happened to be near when I checked in. She welcomed me and pulled out a deck of cards. By picking a card, I was rewarded with 2000 bonus points. The FD manager had them in my account within 24 hrs!! That was a first and gladly appreciated!!

painedplatinum, had a very similar FD Associate do that a few months back and my wife pulled out the 2,000 bonus points card as well.  Don't remember how long it took for them to show up, but they did.

bbouss811 Platinum

Team,

im happy to join the insider. It is very common for me to take such rates to get bonus points I actually do it all the time and try to combine it with other promotions currently double points. The best way to resolve the issues. Is to call the reward line as soon as the hotel stay post. Usually they contact the manager of the hotel and the bonus points post with in 7 days An email is sent out.  some hotels do it on a monthly basis and for that some will have to wait. The combined promotion ( mega bonus) will post about a month later. It can be ver lucrative for few dollars extra

hope this helps  

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for the great insight, bbouss811!

I'd also like to Welcome you to the Insiders Community! This is a great forum to talk about all things travel related.  From learning new Rewards program benefits to sharing your travel experiences and recommendations, we cover it all.  I'm carat and along with lindseyh and deannad, we moderate the community.  Please do not hesitate to reach out to any of us with any questions or concerns.  We're here to help. Below is a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide 

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

yes painedplatinum i had the same thing in various hotels were the points appear almost instantly this is the 3 rd occasion in this hotel I've had to follow up and fight for the bonus points always get a lame excuse so next stay I will be making a point with fd manager

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...