3 Replies Latest reply: Jul 11, 2016 2:34 AM by jm1991 RSS

Did anyone participate in the beta Plus Points program?

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I noticed there was a badge for Plus Points.  When I followed the link, it mentioned a beta Plus Points program that expired in November 2014.  Was just curious as to what it was and if it will go from beta to production.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Did anyone participate in the beta Plus Points program?
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

It was a program that you linked your twitter, facebook, or instagram and by following properties, liking, or hashtaging certain tags would issue you 25,50, or 250 points. There were several changes during the beta program such as changing the points issued, properties that would issue points ect. It ran for several months and I believe I got almost  12k points by the end. 

As for the later product, they are running the promotion with Twitter where hashtaging certain tags along with #MRpoints will issue you points. Some tags are temporary or have a max.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mrbmbrown Platinum

I don't think it went to production. Too bad. I found it an interesting way to track social activity and get a few extra points here and there. No different than the badges on your profile now - though those were not retroactive, making a lot of us long time LTPs upset as we got it the old way (no rollover, 1,000+ nights) and our badges don't recognize that status and achievement).

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

It is still continuing although the points are not as many as the points plus. If you follow marriott rewards on twitter it tells you which #s are active for points

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...