5 Replies Latest reply: Nov 11, 2015 4:49 PM by phctourist RSS

Dumbest poll ever (thank you Pulse)

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just got an invite for a new poll on Pulse. They have 2 logos that they want feed back on.

OK. Fine. But the questions are ridiculous.

"From 1 to 10 how likely are you to stay more at Marriott because of this logo?" Really? Some marketing major at Corp thinks that the font they choose on a logo is going to make people want to stay at their hotel? They didn't give the option for a negative number.

Similar questions. Which logo will make you more likely to recommend Marriott to friends. Etc.

Some poor parents spent a fortune putting their kid through college so he could get into marketing and actually think this made sense.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Dumbest poll ever (thank you Pulse)
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

Im more surprised the "kid" got a job and even more surprised that they are working for marriott lol

But yes, the poll was very ridiculous. Which one did you choose?

I chose the one with the regular font and when they asked why i just put that is goes better with the Marriott font at the top.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I don't remember which one I chose. I think it was the fancier font. It was just so ridiculous it was funny.

ndn Platinum

The kid is actually correct to some extent, but won't get an honest answer. A lot of people WILL make a subconscious decision or have the decision influenced by a logo. How often do I hear, "this is such a tired brand...Marriott is so old fashioned..." Even the logo plays a role in that opinion. The problem is that the customer is not aware of that influence and won't answer the question properly.    

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

a poll that made no sense whatsoever for a massive 50 points

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

There is no logo in the world that would make me more or less likely to stay at any hotel.  The only exception would be if a logo were offensive to me!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...