9 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2015 10:41 AM by carat RSS

20% Off Gift Cards Being Sold by Costco?

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just saw this article where it states Marriott Gift Cards are being sold at Costco for 20% off (2 - $50 cards for $79.99). The fine print says they are honored by any "participating" Marriott, not just Gaylord properties. Has anybody gotten these yet, and how has everybody's luck been at getting gift cards accepted by anywhere they were trying to use it?  Here is the link:

http://pizzainmotion.boardingarea.com/2015/11/08/disguised-costco-selling-gift-cards-for-marriott-ritz-carlton-for-20-off-likely-regional/

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 20% Off Gift Cards Being Sold by Costco?
    solkua Platinum 1 Reviews

The offer is on Costco.com as well and the one review says it is good at Marriott as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

I went to the Costco site and from what I read this would be good in the gift shop, etc.  I didn't see it for a hotel stay.  It is hard to understand what it is good for.

gm1 Gold 1 Reviews

"E-Card may be used at participating properties within the Marriott portfolio of brands, including participating hotel outlets: retail, spa, golf and food and beverages."

This seems to indicate that the gift cards are redeemable at properties other than the four Gaylord properties. I have  two upcoming stays and I will attempt to determine if they are "participating properties" prior to purchasing the gift cards.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hey All!  I found the Costco link and wanted to share with you all:

http://www.costco.com/Gaylord-Hotels-2-$50-Gift-E-Cards.product.100221734.html

Looks like this e-certificate is only available to redeem at four Gaylord Resort locations:

Opryland, Nashville TN

Palms, Kissimmee FL

Texan, Grapevine TX

National, National Harbor MD

If any of you plan on purchasing these e-certificates, do let us know how it works out.

curiousone Platinum

Keep in mind that about April/May of 2016 you will be able to use your Marriott Visa cards to make this purchase. Get the discount and MR points. Too bad it is not for "Marriott".

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

While it said those 4 on the front, the fine text on the back said at all participating Marriotts, so I'm curious to hear how people do with it.

boatpi Platinum 1 Reviews

Does anyone have a link to an online sale.  I checked at Costco online, nothing found.  Hard to read the fine print, but make sure the discount is limited to the regular rack rate price or towards a total bill no matter what room pricing you receive.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Just did a quick search, boatpi, and it looks like the gift certificate is out of stock on the Costco site.  Perhaps our Insiders have gone and scooped them all up.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...