4 Replies Latest reply: Aug 9, 2016 8:19 AM by fschumpert RSS

Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa

pilotbuff Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Snake what snake?

While enjoying a family vacation at this hotel I almost stepped on a snake.

After I let out a scream the poolside bartender said  “oh you must have seen a snake”

as casually as you can imagine. I asked if he knew that snakes are in the area.  He say yes they eat the mice and rats that live in the grasses and under the decking.  I went to talk to the front desk and they claimed ignorance about snakes in the area.  Here's what upsetting:  They post signs about the alligators, about swimming at your own risk. But choose not to mention the snakes.

After doing a quick internet search I found that deny, deny, deny  is they way this and other hotels on the island handle the snakes on the island.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Hilton Head, South Carolina, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Hilton Head Marriott Resort & Spa
  • Re: Hilton Head Marriott Resort and Spa
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Like you pilotbuff, I do not like snakes. I don't even like seeing them on TV.  However, it seems that Hilton Head has a lot of snakes, so it is par for the course.  At any rate, I'd like to reach out and see if I can gain clarity surrounding this.  Would you mind sending me a private message with details surrounding your stay, dates and property?  Thanks in advance. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

send2david Platinum

Dear Marriott Hilton head,

My wife and I are arriving this Tuesday, who can we call to ask for an upgrade to an Ocean Front room?

The number to the hotel seems to go to an offsite reservations center.

IT is our 10 anniversary and I'd like to try to make as wonderful as possible for her.

I Heard the weather may be very wet, so a beautiful ocean front room  super!

PLease get back to me.

DAve

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi send2david.  I'd like to help find the best contact for you.  Would you mind sending me a direct message with your Rewards & Reservation numbers?  Thanks in advance.

fschumpert Platinum 22 Reviews

Hope you enjoy your stay at Hilton Head - we're headed back to our favorite spot - Marriott Vacation Club Villa in Sea Pines last week in August:

FullSizeRender (2).jpg

If interested in dining, I'd recommend the Old Fort Pub, a few miles off the island and near the Marriott Hotel, along with CQ's, across parking lot from Harbour Club - for me, the best dining on the island!Hilton Head - 2014 040.jpg

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...