12 Replies Latest reply: Nov 20, 2015 9:52 AM by matrixman RSS

Chase Points Posting Delay..According to Marriott

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

An FYI for the wacky folks like me that track activities by our Marriott friends....

I just spoke with a Platinum Premier representative about the delay in Chase points posting this month. The rep stated that a memo came out on the 4th stating that they are having tech difficulties and the posting delay may last 30 days from the closing date on your credit card. This is not good news AND it would be nice if Marriott and Chase inform us directly versus having to discover the problem and then waste the phone call. Come on, Marriott!!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Chase Points Posting Delay..According to Marriott
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Thanks for the info.

I'm used to seeing those points within 2 days of my statement date. While I'm not thrilled about this news, it will put my mind at ease when I would normally start wondering why the points are delayed.

Posts like this show how useful MR Insiders can be.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Any idea how long this is supposed to go on, before repaired?

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

The nice rep on the phone had no additional info, but it looks like @john_thai may have found a thread on Flyertalk...I'll check it out.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I have experienced a delay of about 5 or 6 days each of the last two months.  It's not a big deal to mesince I have a large number of points and don't plan to use them until spring.

I'd be upset, however, if I were planning to use all my points for a trip and actually needed prompt posting of my current months points in order to stay somewhere.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

According to a poster on FlyerTalk, apparently there was a flood in their data center and it's taking them a bit to recover.

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

Thank you for forwarding that information. At least we know now that there is in fact a reason why the delay in posting the points and Im not just imagining there is...good work!!

JD

jamesdean Platinum 1 Reviews

My Chase CC points just got posted today, a bit late but nevertheless a welcome sight..., just happy they never forgot about me...LOL!!

JD

jt15550 Platinum

Hmm... I don't think mine have ever posted same day.  Seems like it's always 3-4 days after statement close.

matrixman Silver

My first closing date was yesterday. According to Rewards history on Chase site, 6,438 points are headed my way, so hope I see them soon, Going on a trip on 12/26, so hope I have them in plenty of time.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...