7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 3, 2016 7:24 AM by Snail5930 RSS

How to request new Marriot Rewards card online?

goslow2gofast Member
Currently Being Moderated

I have looked in discussion areas, and the main website, and any instructions for requesting a replacement card online are not accurate.   How does one request a replacement card online, after logging in with their rewards account.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How to request new Marriot Rewards card online?
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi goslow2gofast,

You can order a Marriott Rewards membership card after accessing your account through MarriottRewards.com.  To do so, click on "My Account" and selecting "Overview" from the dropdown menu.  On the next page, click on the link that reads "Profile."  Confirm that the mailing address listed under "Personal Information" is current. Then click on "Order replacement Rewards card" to order your new membership card.

If you have a BlackBerry, Apple, or Android smartphone, you can also download the Marriott App and use its electronic card feature to display your membership card.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/mobile-apps.mi

Hope this helps!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

goslow2gofast Member

Thank you for the reply.  I followed those steps, but do not see that option on that screen, any thoughts why.  My address information is correct.

marriot card.jpg

Hmm, I am not sure why you wouldn't be seeing the Order Replacement Rewards card option, so I have passed this along to our team to see why you are not seeing this on your account, and also to see if they can assist in getting you another card. Thanks for your patience, I will let you know when I hear back!

Hi goslow2gofast,

I heard back from our team, and they have advised that Marriott Rewards is moving away from plastic membership cards and is moving towards doing everything electronically online. Because of that, Marriott Rewards is no longer sending membership cards to basic members, so the instructions provided above are not current, my apologies. You can download the mobile app on your smartphone and have access to an electronic membership card. Plastic membership cards are not required to ensure that hotel stays post automatically.

goslow2gofast Member

Thank you for the follow up, much appreciated.

I've read some sketchy reviews of the mobile app, so I'll just file my rewards account number for use when I need it.

Thank you

aflondon Gold

So what do I do if I haven't got a mobile phone? I have asked for a replacement Gold Elite membership card twice, having waited eight weeks (as instructed) on both occasions, and have received nothing.

Snail5930 Gold

Last year wanted twice to deliver my card and got nothing. In Europe, the use of the phone can be a problem due to high roaming fees.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...