15 Replies Latest reply: Dec 1, 2015 12:30 PM by AZDesertRat RSS

Haven't received (MRP Visa) 15 credits toward Elite Status

wabash87 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I have the MR Premier Visa card.  The promotional material for this card indicatesr  that I am to receive "15 credits toward Elite Status every year after account anniversary".  My $85 annual credit card fee appeared on my credit card statement for the period ending July 25, 2015.  However, I have yet to receive the 15 credits.  This is a big deal, as those 15 credits will probably be the difference between G and P status for 2016.  What are others' experience in receiving this credit? TIA

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Haven't received (MRP Visa) 15 credits toward Elite Status
    Jsucool76 Gold

I paid my annual fee on 10/1/15 and received my free night and 15 elite night credits at some time in september. I'd call chase up and ask them about it.

Did you receive your ecertificate?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

wabash87 Platinum

Again, Jsucool72, thanks for the suggestion.  Chase indicated that my MRP Visa annual fee date (July 1) is not the same as my anniversary date (Nov 13).  So, I will have to wait to see if the 15 nights post to my account some time after that date.  Now I am trying to determine whether I received the credits in November 14, as I don't recall that it occurred.  Is there any way I can do that online, or do I have to contact MR?  BTW, I do not seem to recall receiving my free night e-certificate last November, either.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

so did the July payment make your first year anniversary?

Jsucool76 Gold

When did you actually open the card?

wabash87 Platinum

The answer is a little complicated.  I was billed the $45 annual fee for my MR Visa on August 1, 2013.  In November 2013, I changed to a MR Premier Visa account.  In January 2014, due to a misunderstanding in the terms of this change, I established a new MR Premier Visa account.  On July 1, 2014, I was billed the $85 annual fee for my MR Premier Visa account.  On July 1, 2015, I was billed the $85 annual fee for my MR Premier Visa account.  I know that I have not received either the 15 night credit for Elite status during calendar year 2015, nor the e-certificate for the free stay in a cat 1-5 location.  I don't believe that I received either during calendar year 2014, but my records are poorer.  I am a tiny bit annoyed, because I have spent more than $80K on my MRP Visa in the last twelve statements and accrued more than 110K points as a result of that spending.  For someone who is not a road warrior by any stretch of the imagination (20-30 nights/year), these points and nights are crucial for maintaining my loyalty to the Chase MRP Visa and MR.

Jsucool76 Gold

Very weird. Definitely something to talk to chase about, a real representative, not some front line CSR.

Have you been getting your elite qualifying nights for every 3k spend?

wabash87 Platinum

So ... having spent several phone calls with Chase and Marriott Rewards representatives, here is what we "know":

1. My Premier card opening date is November 13, 2013.

2. I received the 15 night credit toward elite status in January 2014.

3. I did not receive the 15 night anniversary credit in November 2014.

4. I will not receive the 15 night anniversary credit due to me in November 2014.

5. I did not receive the anniversary e-certificate in November 2014.

6. I was just awarded the anniversary e-certificate originally due to me in November 2014.

7.  I have been receiving my 3k spend elite qualifying nights since January 2014.

Here is what is "scheduled" to happen:

I am scheduled to receive the 15 night anniversary credit due to me in November 2015.

I am scheduled to receive the anniversary e-certificate due to me in November 2015.

Here is the problem:

No anniversary credit to reflect my use of the card from January 2015-November 2015.

MR refuses to acknowledge the problem, stating that "I am not permitted to receive two 15 night anniversary credits in the same calendar year".

Here is a potential problem:

I might not get my 15-night anniversary credit due to me in November 2015, because MR/Chase might change it's mind once again and reset my card opening date to January 2014 and won't issue my 15-night anniversary credit until January 2016.  This will have an impact on whether I hold MR Gold or Plat status for 2016.

MRs solution:

Grant me platinum status for the rest of 2015.  But that doesn't help me for 2016, which is what I am worried about.  Nor does it give me the lifetime night credits that I need in order to establish lifetime status.  Ugh.

My proposed approach:

Keep a close watch on my elite night credit balance.  Threaten Chase and MR with the loss of my business unless they resolve this issue.

AZDesertRat Platinum

I have had a similar experience, and have found it very difficult to correlate VISA card spending with bonus nights credited, a topic which has received much discussion elsewhere on this site.  Like you, I am trying to obtain my anniversary credit, but you are farther along in the search process.  Will let you know if I obtain any helpful information.

AZDesertRat Platinum

I checked the footnotes to the Free Night e-certificate I received in August for spending $25,000 during a calendar year, and #2 says "Please allow 6 to 8 weeks from account open date and account anniversary date every year for the 10 [not sure why it's 10 for me, but I've had the card for a long time] nights to be credited to you Marriott Rewards account."  That may explain why you won't receive the anniversary credit until January.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

wabash87, this sounds terribly frustrating.  It looks like you've been working with Marriott on this and hopefully you're nights will post sometime this month.  If you do not, we can always try to take a look into it for you.  Please keep us posted. 

Thanks, AZDesertRat, you've provided some great insight here, too!

snyper175 Gold 1 Reviews

I am new to the card as of October 2015.  I had applied a couple times before but not luck.  Anyway, I have already spent the required $3000(and paid) within the first three months, so my question is, how long does it take to receive the promotion points and elite nights?  Is this the same 6 to 8 week time period as discussed elsewhere?  Thanks.

AZDesertRat Platinum

Today I received 10 nights credit for my Rewards Card anniversary.  Looking back at my credit card statements, the Annual Membership Fee for the credit card was posted on 10/1/15, making it exactly 60 days for the 10 nights to post.  Since your fee was charged in July, it seems like you should have received your 15 nights by now.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...