38 Replies Latest reply: Apr 6, 2016 11:45 PM by greekbecky RSS

Marriott Credit Cards offer 10,000 bonus points

keplertracker Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I just got this offer from Marriott Credit Cards via email.

Basically,

From Nov 1- Nov 30, 2015, spent $5,000 USD and get 5,000 bonus Marriott Reward Points on top of the regular points that you earn on the card.

From Dec 1- Dec 31, 2015, spent $5,000 USD and get 5,000 bonus Marriott Reward Points on top of the regular points that you earn on the card.

For a total of 10,000 bonus points.

I'm not sure if this is a targeted offer, but for those card holders, you might want to call Marriott and have them add you!

Happy Holidays Everyone

Mark

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Marriott Credit Cards offer 10,000 bonus points
    jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

my offer was 4000 dollars/points each month for a total of 8000 bonus points

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ramoneur Platinum

..yet again, unavailable for the European business traveler

(irritation continues growing)

matsgone Gold 5 Reviews

I'm Canadian and havent received anything......is this promotion just for US citizen?

keplertracker Platinum

I think that is should to anyone with a Marriott's Rewards Credit Card that meets whatever esoteric criteria that Chase and Marriott come up with.   I'm in the US but I don't see why Marriott would limit the promotion to just customers in the US.   Can anyone help @matsgone and verify if they 1) live in Canada, and 2) received the offer.

jc411 Platinum

It's not the same at all. The US offers are much better and more generous. The sign up bonus is different in Canada (30,000 points) vs US (80,000 points). There is no authorized user bonus for the Canadian card vs 7,500 bonus points in the US. The US gets an Elite credit for every $3k in purchase, not the case for the Canadian card. Plus, the US card's annual fee is $85 whereas the annual fee in Canada is $120.

At only 5 points for each $1 spend at Marriott, I don't bother using the card even though I have it. I have another card from my bank which has a much better ratio even on everyday purchases that I use for everything.

ramoneur Platinum

be glad you'd have access to such a CC ;-)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I Share your pain, as usual ramoneur and can certainly verify that we in the EU will NEVER experience those kind of rewards, since the EU has now introduced a cap on transaction comission Banks can charge to retailers at 0.3%. I accept credit cards for my work and until this month I was paying 1.2% transaction charges. They'll now reduce by 75% saving me about £1,000pa on that element of my income stream. My personal credit card spending generates about £700pa of value in (mostly IHG) points, so I guess I'm coming out on top. A bit.

The EU hopes this will lead retailers to reduce prices but I'll not be doing so as it would be too complex to operate vis-a-vis those that pay by cheque (35p fee) or direct into my bank (20p fee). I think the EU may well see a big reduction in credit card surcharges which are a particular pain when paying online. Indeed the feeling is that this may well be a precursor to further legislation to ban card surcharging altogether across the EU. Now that would be a good outcome.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

This is obviously a targeted promotion which will be denied to the rest of us.

I called Chase and was told that no such promotion exists, though I seriously doubt that both  

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

I didnt get this, and wont even bother to call, since it seems futile based on PCHTourists post. another example of how loyalists get the bottom of the barrell more often than not

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

These look like targeted promotions. After reading this I quickly went to my email and found the email under my promotions folders 2015-10-30 11.01.27.jpg

Although I'm not sure if this will be an incentive to use it as much. Most of my spending will be groceries and clothes which I have better cards for.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I got the 4000 points offer (spend $4000 get 4000 points). Looks just like the image jm1991 posted with different numbers. I don't expect to earn the bonus points as I likely won't reach the spending threshold.

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

What's you guys' spending pattern on the card? Im assuming they have tracked the spending pattern and given each of us something possibly reachable. Though i have not been using this card as much lately, not like i used to before, so i can also guess that Chase is giving the offers to people who do not use it often.

keplertracker Platinum

I actually use my Marriott's CC quite often for personal and business expenses.   It seems that Chase has set a target as $5,000 a month for me, and to let everyone know, that is more than I usually spend in a month.   With the holidays coming up, I know that Chase is making us think about using their CC over my other ones.

And Chase is absolutely tracking our spending patterns to set our individual offers. 

thejayanderson Platinum

Absolutely, I primarily use this card for business purchases ranging from 25K Monthly - in all the years I've been with Chase/Marriott I have never been offered a promotion such as this.

My goal is out of reach. It's probably twice what I normally spend in a month. It's also about $1000 higher than I've ever charged in a month on the card. I'd love to get the bonus points, but I don't see it happening.

keplertracker Platinum

Did anyone make the spending limit?   I was able to because of a raft of business travel this past month!

nmballoonist Platinum

I have made the $5000 for November and expect to make it for December also.  I charge everything I can (that doesn't tack on a ~2% credit card fee) to earn points.  Starting Jan 1 I use my Chase Southwest card (except for Marriott charges) to make sure I get a Companion Pass and A List level (don't care about the extra that comes with the A List Plus) and then after that use my Chase Marriott card exclusively.  This strategy seems to give me the most bang for my buck without a lot of hassle.

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

The next discussion topic will be when will the earned November bonus be credited....

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

Did anyone who achieved the spending target receive the points for November?  I just was credited my normal credit card points but the 4000 bonus was not included.

keplertracker Platinum

I have not gotten my 5,000 bonus either.   I'm calling Marriott and maybe Chase tomorrow.   I'll let this thread know any details.

Jsucool76 Gold

I didn't. Wasn't even trying to. Kind of a lame offer in my opinion.

Didn't even try. The goal was set too high. An unrealistic goal provides no incentive. Had it been a stretch but still attainable, I might have considered it.

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

NO such offer available to uk customers the uk Marriott cc is a poor card

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

I did not get this offer either.

ne_traveling_man Platinum 8 Reviews

Didn't receive anything on this either and I would have easily hit the November and December requirements with both business and personal travel/purchases.  I am guessing that might be a reason why it was not offered to me.  They may have targeted those whose spending habits are close and drive them to spend (charge) more on their card to hit the bonus.....

I can't complain too much as the combination of Chase and Marriott helped me achieve Platinum for this year and I hit renewal of platinum about 6 weeks ago for next year.

Congrats to those who received this and hit the goal!!!

coupons Gold

Screen Shot 2015-12-06 at 3.10.31 AM.pngI received this offer.

ramoneur Platinum

nice...

feel left out again

but life isn't fair, and I accept that (sort of )

coupons Gold

Happy New Year; I just called Chase re: bonus offer-points will not be credited til the following month when you statement ends (mine ended Dec 19th will not see til mid Jan); I also questioned that people received different offers; the rep is now putting in a request with the marketing dept; my offer was 3000 pts per month; I told the rep I have seen 4000 pts and 5000 pts and since I have spent over $10,000 why shouldn't I get the 5000 pt offer; will keep you all posted; perhaps out moderator could chime in on this issue

greekbecky Platinum

The folks at Chase play lots of games with the Marriott Rewards card.  I have seen at least 4 different offers within the last six months.  When I called in to inquire why I didn't get the better offer, I heard the same that comment they'll check with Marketing for the miscommunication to the Marriott community...blah, blah, blah.

keplertracker Platinum

Just letting everyone know that I did receive the bonus points yesterday for November 2015.   The points will be deposited with your normal monthly Marriott Rewards credit card points.   The agent informed me that December's bonus points should deposit during the February allotment.   So be patient and they will show up.

nmballoonist Platinum

I just received my 5000 points for November a couple of days ago.  Guess I have another month for my December bonus to be credited.

coupons Gold

my offer was only 3000 points for each month; very disappointed called up and got a letter saying they couldn't offer me the 5000 pts for each month; better than none but annoying

jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

I came across another offer from the Marriott Visa. Unlike the previous offer, this one seems alot more doable in my opinion. Has anyone else gotten this? are there different amounts?

Untitled.png

coupons Gold

I wish I got this offer; people are targeted based upon card usage

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

I received (and got the points) the November and December 2015 offer. I have not received the 4/15-6/30/16 offer.

greekbecky Platinum

I find this card's many point offers terribly annoying.  I feel like I'm playing a game of roulette.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...