31 Replies Latest reply: Nov 12, 2015 2:12 AM by kharada46 RSS

Signing Off as an Insiders Community Manager

joshm Member
Currently Being Moderated

Hello gang,

As a member of this community the past two years, I’ve immensely enjoyed my experiences with all of you. From talkin’ ball with IAHFLYR to discussing the impact our community managers have in the forum with erc, constantly being wowed by jasper100's videos, kharada46's and sg1974's photos to the light hearted rabble-rousing of the community as they are constantly looking to optimize their travel experiences, this place has taught me a great deal about what it means to help people who all are seeking the same thing. That thing being a memorable experience worth sharing.

I am making this post to you all in my final days representing Marriott Rewards from within the forum, as I will conclude my service on Friday.

Some of you are aware that I am very much a lifelong lover of sport, athletics, and the brands that support athletes in their endeavors. My next adventure will involve those ideas directly, as I will soon join an organization that is very sports-minded and well connected to athletes and sports brands around the world.

This is not a farewell. I very much intend to maintain my involvement in the forum, just without the ‘M’ next to my profile That being said, I hope to join you all in constantly sharing experiences and insights while traveling (hopefully more than I have up to this point!) and sharing amongst you all. You have been, are, and will continue to be in good hands with lindseyh, deannad, carat, KatieC and melissaerb. You know all of these names well, and they are absolutely fabulous individuals who have been instrumental in building the Insiders community into the sharing and caring network it has become.

To conclude this post, I want to thank you all. This forum (and the people within it) are a testament to the kind of relationships people can build with one another, even in the digital space, as it relates to folks looking to share stories from around the world, their own backyard, and their favorite hotels.

Thanks for allowing me to be a part of it all.

Josh

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Signing Off as an Insiders Community Manager
    77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

Best of luck to you joshm in your new adventure! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

joshm Wishing you the best life has to offer. Enjoy your new adventures and thank you for all your input to this forum.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

We're going to miss you Josh!!! I can't wait for the day when I sign on to Insiders and see comments & posts from you as a traveler!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

A sad day indeed to open this thread and see our ole (actually young) pal joshm moving on to a new adventure, but alas congrats on your new career endeavor and best of luck in all you do.

It will be wonderful to have you come back as one of us and I look forward to that day.

Speaking of talkin ball, headed down to Toyota Center Friday night to see what Champions play the slightly retooled Rockets.

Take care until we see you again.

joshm Member

Steph looked good last night IAHFLYR, but New Orleans could have played much better in my opinion.

Thank you. I look forward to contributing to this forum as part of the group!

tryt53 Alumni Steward Platinum 5 Reviews

Hey Josh,

I wish you all the best in your next adventures. We've enjoyed having you here, and although I've been scare here this last year, I've still seen how much you've added and done for us. GOOD LUCK

joshm Member

I really appreciate that, tryt53.

I look forward to continuing my involvement in the forum as a part of the community. In that sense, I'm not going anywhere!

nmballoonist Platinum

Good luck Josh.  Thanks for all your help through the forum.

beaug Platinum

Hi Joshm

A 'thank you' all the way from Australia! From the issue you have assisted me with, to the feedback and comments you provide, they have all been of a great help!

All the best for whatever is your next adventure!

Beau

joshm Member

You're so welcome, beaug.

I'm excited for future conversing and engaging in this forum as a fellow traveler.

rinny54 Platinum 1 Reviews

Thanks for sharing your time and thoughts with us.  Good luck!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

Say it ain't so, Joe(shm)! You're gonna be sorely missed -- but wishing you all the best in your new position. Stay in touch.

joshm Member

I certainly will, foxglove!

I'm not really going anywhere, just losing the 'M' next to my profile.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

We're definitely going to miss you joshm, but are glad we'll still be seeing you around here!!  Wishing you the best of luck moving forward!!

ramoneur Platinum

good luck

and keep your eyes on the stars and your feet on the ground

Jsucool76 Gold

Best of luck in your future endeavors!

KatieC Member

Thanks for your commitment  to this team, joshm! You will be greatly missed and we wish you all the best on your next adventure.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Best of luck to you!  

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

joshm, It's been really great having you among us these couple of years. You've brought so much terrific stuff to the table, not just welcoming, helpful and engaging, but also sharing your always great perspective on things too.  Best wishes for much success in this next segment of your career.  I like the way you live and travel and so will look forward to reading more great posts from you!

joshm Member

Likewise, pluto77.

I'm really excited to continue my involvement in the forum, sharing experiences and engaging with you all!

It's a testament to this place; that is, my desire to stay connected. I really do love this place. It's a wonderful community.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Bummer!  You'll be missed joshm!  Glad you'll be pursuing your dream!  Ironically, the Mrs. has a similar interest and is seeking employment at a "little" company HQed in Beaverton... if you've got any tips...  

Glad you'll be sticking around as a regular member though!  And thanks for all you've done for myself and the community!  Look forward to seeing more posts in the not-too-distant future!

joshm Member

I'll still be around kharada46! You won't be able to bug me with questions anymore though

Interesting. Has she had any conversations with the team over here in Beaverton? If we're talking about the same place (which is not so 'little' ) I'd be curious to know the process and how it's gone for her so far.

Thanks for being such a great part of this forum.

kharada46 Alumni Steward Gold 10 Reviews

Hey, as long as you're still here joshm!  At least I can still bug you about PDX

Nah, she just submitted an application.  Haven't heard anything yet.  I pursuing other types of business in PDX myself 

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

Good luck to you in the future. We look forward to your continuing participation in the forum.

psudad Alumni Steward Gold 3 Reviews

Thanks for your service to the site and to the broader Marriott Rewards community!

keplertracker Platinum

Here's to your new adventures ahead!   Congrats and best of luck!!

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

COngratulations on having the courage to follow your dream joshm  and I look forward to hearing from you posting here in future as a Marriott guest.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

best of luck and thanks for all your support

insidenji Gold 6 Reviews

Hey joshm best of luck to you and thanks for all your help.  I really enjoyed reading your posts; your style of writing is great!

vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Congrats joshm on the new Gig!  I wish you the best.  You have been a great site moderator. I'm glad that you will still continue to participate in Insiders!