4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2015 11:05 PM by john_thai RSS

Reservation cancelled by hotel

rtgrant Platinum 3 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I booked a hotel with points in Baton Rouge on a weekend of an LSU football game.  The hotel cancelled my last night(saturday) and put my bags outside.  Marriott is telling that this doesnt apply to the Reservation Guarantee.  Has anyone else had this experiece.  I stayed at a Residence Inn(7500 points) and my guess is the hotel got $400 for the room(their motivation).  I was forced to travel late at night to New Orleans for another room.

Any guidance would be appreciated.  Marriott's response has been disappointing.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Reservation cancelled by hotel
    brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

If this happened in just the way you put it in this post then this would be utterly outrageous, and you would be probably the most mild mannered gentleman ever to grace the planet. You see your very short paragraph seems to say.

1. You booked a 2(?) night stay on points a while ago.

2. You turned up on checkin day and was greeted and given your room key, slept there first night.

3. On your second day you went out for a while and when you returned found your bags outside your door.

4. Presuming the hotel had chucked you out you then drove to New Orleans.

5. You rang Marriott a few days/weeks/months later to complain but they didn't help

Your post is way, way too brief, please take the time to explain what happened fully and I, and I'm sure others here, will feel more able to chip in.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

painedplatinum Platinum 2 Reviews

The "put my bags outside" part is certainly curious. I have heard of canceled/messed up/mishandled reservations, but have never heard of a guest having their bags packed and evicted from a room, mid stay, without some claim of malfeasance. What was the reason stated for giving you and your bags the heave-ho?

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

This does not sounds like a pleasant experience, rtgrant!  I'd like to bring this to the appropriate teams attention.  Can you send me a private message with your Rewards Number and more details around this stay? Thanks in advance!

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I agree with the other posters. Your post is too brief. If it happened the way I'm reading it then it's not just outrageous but could actually be illegal.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...