3 Replies Latest reply: Nov 2, 2015 10:32 AM by carat RSS

I recently booked a room on marriot using my points

janele543 Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I booked a room on marriot using my points under my name, can I transfer the reservation that I paid in points to my son.? I paid for using points in my account and I would like to change the name on the resevation so it is my son's name. Everything is the same just different first name. Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: I recently booked a room on marriot using my points
    jm1991 Gold 3 Reviews

I believe that is possible.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Yes you are able to as long as he is of age required for check-in.  I've called the elite number listed on the back of your Marriott card and booked rooms for my son using points with the reservation in his name as recent as last February.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Welcome to Insiders, janele543!! As you may have already guessed, this is a great place to talk about all things travel, from sharing recommendations and experiences to asking questions about the Rewards Program.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions, like above, feel free to reach out to any of us. 

In regards to your question, it is possible.  The best way to add your sons name to the reservation would be to call the Marriott Rewards Customer Service line, 1-800-228-2100.  My father has done this for me in the past, and this seems the best way to handle the issue.  Let me know if you run into any issues, I'd be glad to help.

Again, Welcome to Insiders!! Looking forward to hearing more from you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...