14 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2015 3:32 PM by melissaerb RSS

Halloween

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member
Currently Being Moderated

brella10.jpg

It’s that time of year again, Halloween is almost here! Part of why I love fall so much is because of all the activities centered around Halloween. There’s pumpkin carving, which leads to roasting pumpkin seeds – YUM! Halloween costume shopping, which I’ve always bought as opposed to making because I’m not very crafty, apple picking for candy apples– can’t forget about buying apple cider and cider donuts while at an orchard, and of course all the candy!

There are so many fun ways to make Halloween special (and centered around food), and I’ve found that it’s easy to bring the Halloween spirit into desserts because let’s be honest, what’s better than homemade treats for a holiday? I’ve checked out a few recipes that are definitely on my list this year. http://www.countryliving.com/food-drinks/g1194/halloween-treats/

Some people also travel to certain places during this time of year to check out infamous haunted houses, cemeteries and festivals. I myself have gone to both Six Flags New England and Six Flags Great Adventure to attend their Fright Fest, which was a chillingly good time. I’ve looked into some non-traditional Halloween destinations to share with the community that I would love to check out sometime. http://www.travelchannel.com/interests/haunted/articles/halloween-destinations

If you have a ghoulish-ly good Halloween story, recipe, or destination you’ve been to celebrate the holiday, please share with us, and as always, photos are encouraged!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Halloween

To add to this, my boyfriend and I have already gone to 2 costume parties this month. We dressed as Wayne & Garth from Wayne's World at one, and we also went to a Great Gatsby party this past weekend, pictures below!

waynes1.jpg

gatsby.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Look like you have quite the wig collection!

After the Gatsby party, I was told to go blonde, not so sure people would say the same after seeing me as Garth though!

Have you ever worn a wig for a Halloween costume muppetwrangler?

Yes, I usually dress as a witch and have a long, black wig.  This year, I purchased a black wig with glow-in-the-dark hi-lites.  I don't look good as a blond, although you pulled it off well!

Ooooh glow in the dark hi-lites?! You have to post a picture after you wear it because that sounds amazing & seems like a nice way to step up the costume!

Will try!

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

Tthe pumpkins that are at our house just waiting for the ghosts and goblins to appear...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

Very nice Guidedog613

KatieC Member

These are amazing!!! My daughter would go crazy for an Olaf pumpkin.

That's an impressive line up you've got there Guidedog613! I love how you have a mix of villains and good guys! I'm a huge fan of all those movies & characters- So fun!!

melissaerb Community Manager Marriott Associate Platinum

These are so impressive!!!

KatieC Member

Have you read “The Legend of Sleepy Hollow”? I recently visited this tiny town on the Hudson River: Halloween in Sleepy Hollow, NY.

This quiet village hasn’t changed much over the years, and they embrace their reputation, hosting interesting and creepy-themed events throughout the year from haunted hayrides to cemetery tours. I’ve heard The Headless Horseman actually rides through town at night, but we didn't see him. There's a masquerade ball, too. 

Fun Fact: The Headless Horseman is actually the mascot for Sleepy Hollow High School.

And there are quite a few Marriott’s nearby! https://www.marriott.com/search/findHotels.mi

I've always wanted to go to Sleepy Hollow! Were people dressed up during the day when you visited, or do you think they only dress up at night when they're waiting for the headless horseman to ride through the town?

melissaerb Community Manager Marriott Associate Platinum

I am going to a Halloween party this weekend and will post pictures of costumes once they are decided... Jesse and I were also thinking of going as Wayne and Garth!!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...