2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 27, 2015 2:47 PM by deannad RSS

Combining Rewards Points at time of Enrollment?

bailey1234 Silver
Currently Being Moderated

My wife is about to enroll in the Visa Marriott Signature Card. At the time of application it asks for a Marriott Rewards number. Obviously to apply her accrued points to. However she currently is not a rewards member. I understand that if she leaves it blank, the system will assign her a marriott rewards account. But what if she were to enter my account number? Is that possible? This way all our points are in one location and we dont have to worry about transferring points to combine later down the road. All the posts I have seen are related to calling in to Marriott and asking for transfers.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Combining Rewards Points at time of Enrollment?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

This is a great question, bailey1234!  I'm unable to answer this completely, so I'd like to reach out for better clarity. 

I also see you're new around here.  Welcome to the Insiders Community!! As you may have seen, this is a great place to ask all of your Marriott Rewards Questions as well as share your travel experiences and recommendations.  Its also a neat place to hear what other travelers like yourself have to say.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with, deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions, like above, or comments please feel free to reach out to any of us.  I've gone ahead an included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide,' just in case you'd like to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

Again, welcome to the community!  Looking forward to hearing more from you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Combining Rewards Points at time of Enrollment?
      deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi bailey1234,

carat & I head back from our team, and they have advised that if your wife provides your account number when applying for the card, a new Marriott Rewards account would still be opened in her name and the credit card will be linked there. The name on the Marriott Rewards Credit Card needs to match the name on the Marriott Rewards account in order to have the credit card linked to it, so it would be the same if she left it blank or added your existing number in since you name already has an assigned account number & credit card.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...