5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2015 3:59 PM by deannad RSS

Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo MI

mkpsu Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

My first time posting.  I usually come to the insiders page and search the hotel I will stay at before I book.  I did not see anything posted for the Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo MI.  My husband and I stayed there this weekend using rewards points.    We had an IPAD stolen from inside the suitcase. So take all valuables with you when you leave if you choose to stay at this property.

Our daughter will be at school in Kalamazoo for the next 4 years.  Needless to say we will be staying at different Marriott properties in the future.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Farifield Inn
  • Re: Fairfield Inn Kalamazoo MI
    muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

That's terrible!! I assume the suitcase was in your room and that's where the theft occurred?  What did hotel management say? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

mkpsu Platinum

Yes suitcase was in the room and Ipad zipped inside of it.   So someone went looking rather than just lifting something out in the open.  The hotel said they were sorry it happened.  A theft had never occurred at their hotel and they were going to look into the issue further.  I sent them a snippet of the map where the Ipad was turned on in Kalamazoo after we had checked out and returned home.  Maybe they will have some success finding some answers via a map location.   We travel a lot and have never had any issues like this.  It is really a bummer.

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

Wow, the fact that someone went into your room and rifled through your suitcase is disturbing.  I leave my laptop, iPads, sometimes even a wallet lying around.  Wish there was a way they could track who had access to your room.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

How very unfortunate, mkpsu!  I'd definitely like to bring this to the appropriate teams attention.  Can you send me a direct message with your Rewards Number and the Dates of your stay?

I also see that you are new around here and would like to Welcome you to the Insider's Community.  As you may have already seen, this is a great place to share your travel experiences and recommendations as well as hear what other members have to say.  I'm carat, and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions or comments please do not hesitate to reach out to us.  We're here to help.  I've also included a link to our "Getting Started Guide' if you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

Again, Welcome to the Community!  Looking forward to hearing more from you!

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi mkpsu,

carat and I heard back from our team, and they advised that the hotel's leadership team will be reaching out to you in 24 - 48 hours. Please let us know if you do not hear from someone at the hotel within that time frame. Thanks again for sharing your experience on the forum.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...