6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2015 10:43 AM by deannad RSS

Courtyard Ocean City Ocean Front vs. Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn

tr07 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

If anyone has stayed at these locations I would like to hear your insider thoughts on which would be the better stay for my family this upcoming summer.  I know the Bethany Beach Ocean Suites just recently opened so I am not sure how much info. there will be out there for this location.  Thanks.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Ocean City, Maryland, USA Courtyard By Marriott Courtyard Ocean City Oceanfront
Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, USA
  • Re: Courtyard Ocean City Ocean Front vs. Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

It very much depends on your family's preferences.  Bethany is a much quieter town than OC with some decent restaurants and shops, and a small boardwalk.  The beach is clean and very nice.  The RI is brand new and is supposed to be very nice.

OC is a bustling city with hundreds of restaurants a several mile long boardwalk with lots of games, water slides, and rides,, and many shops.  Lots of noise, action, etc.  The beach is not bad.

We no longer go to either OC or Bethany.  Instead, we have found a compromise between these two communities at Rehoboth Beach, about 20 minutes north of Bethany.  More action than Bethany but a lot quieter than OC.  Fabulous restaurants and lots of Outlet shopping (tax free), just a mile from the beach.  A nice boardwalk that is a mile long runs along the beach with some rides, lots of games and beachy diversions..

Rehoboth does not have any Marriott property at the beach but there is an excellent FI about 3 miles from the beach.  We go to Rehoboth out-of-season and stay at the FI, on the highway.  We also go in-season and stay in town at some very nice non Marriott hotels near the beach and if you send me a direct mail, I'd be happy to make some recommendations.  We really prefer Rehoboth Beach.  There are many additional diversions, just out of town along the highway.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Courtyard Ocean City Ocean Front vs. Bethany Beach Ocean Suites Residence Inn
      tr07 Platinum

Thanks for the insight.  We have stayed in Ocean City on multiple occasions and although my wife loves the action, I can go without it.  That's why I am considering the RI in Bethany.  I would like to try Rehoboth too but I will be cashing in points on this trip and would like a beachfront property.

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I heard that the RI was opened by a retired Marriott exec and that it is very upscale for a Res Inn.   From Bethany, you can drive about 20 minutes to either OC or Rehoboth for some action.

Bethany, however, is a rather sleepy town compared, even, to Rehoboth and practically a ghost town compared to OC.

sleepeater Platinum 1 Reviews

I Have stayed at both properties recently and both are top quality. My wife and I really enjoyed the Bethany Beach Suites as it is right on the beach and boardwalk. They have a great outdoor veranda restaurant verlooking the ocean that serves a free breakfast and opens as a top quality restaurant- bar for lunch and dinner. The feel at this property is very relaxed and homey without the congestion of Ocean City if that's your goal.We went to Ocean City anyway for our now annual visit to Secrets USA and Rehoboth is close as well.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

I love seeing conversations like this on Insiders! So nice to see you all help each other out with recommendations

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...