4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2015 11:04 AM by iahflyr RSS

What does GTD mean?

tmak75 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Good evening fellow Marriott Rewards Insiders.  Be gentle, this is my first question.

I received a message from a Marriott I'm staying at in Bloomington, IL this weekend with this info.

Thank you again for choosing the Bloomington/Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center as your host for this upcoming weekend!

Due to several events being hosted in the Bloomington/Normal area this weekend, the need for rooms with two beds has been higher than usual. Shortly after you made your reservations, you would have received communication from Marriott regarding your accommodations.

If you review your confirmation notification, you will find specific details about your bed type needs.

• If your notification states “GTD 2 Double Beds”, you will receive a guest room with those accommodations.
  • If your notification states “2 Double Beds Req Not GTD”, we will provide rooms with double bed accommodations based on availability when you arrive at the hotel.

The hotel has the ability to provide a complimentary rollaway bed, or inflatable air mattress, for the reservations we are unable to fulfill the requested two double beds.

I'm traveling with my brother a good distance to see the Badger/Illini game in Champaign and not having two actual beds won't work out too well.  My reservation does not contain either of the specifics listed above.  Has anyone experienced this? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Normal, Illinois, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts Bloomington-Normal Marriott Hotel & Conference Center
  • Re: What does GTD mean?
    bullzeye Member

GTD = Guaranteed

the only thing usually guaranteed in a reservarion is just a room, not necessarily the type you book.  Marriott guarantees accessible rooms for all and bed/room types for certain elites.  If the hotel is full and you aren't elite, you could also expect to be accommodated elsewhere (hotel pays your night for the inconvenience)

Contact the hotel and see if they can get you a guarantee double Or rollaway.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I have never seen that before. I believe it means "guaranteed". As a Plat elite you are entitled to compensation if it turns out they can't get you a 2 double bed room. Now, I would check the email confirmation you received for the wording outlined in your post. If it is spelled out GTD 2 double beds you should be all set. If it reads like the second example then it is much more iffy. If I were you I would check your confirmation email and the reservation in your profile online, if neither show that verbiage, I would call the Platinum line. 

Guaranteed Room Type

When making a reservation, be sure to note both your Marriott Rewards membership number and room/bed preferences. At locations throughout the U.S. and Canada, we'll always honor your bed type request. Outside U.S. and Canada, smoking/nonsmoking preferences are honored based on availability; exact bed sizes may vary. If guarantee is not met, guest compensation applies. [GOLD/PLATINUM]

Guaranteed Room Type  

tmak75 Platinum

Thank you guys for your suggestions so far.  I have contacted the hotel but received conflicting answers to what I should expect when I arrive.  I've sent an email to the hotel hopefully for the Supervisor to gain clarity.

I had not thought of calling the Platinum line, great idea!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

What does it say on your reservation for room/bed type?  If it isn't correct then call the hotel and demand they provide you the correct bed type, it shouldn't be too difficult if you talk to the Front Desk Manager and if that does not clear it up talk with the GM.

Could be our crack team of moderators such as deannad, lindseyh, carat or joshm may be able to get you some Insider help. 

Best of luck

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...