1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 20, 2015 12:48 PM by bejacob RSS

getting to Plat status

momkee Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am presently plat status, but company cut back on travel this year,so will only make gold with about 70 nights.  Next year travel will be heavy again.  is there a way to get or maintain my plat status when I am not going to hit the night this year.  I hate losing that perk especially since travel will be heavy in 2016

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: getting to Plat status
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Assuming you don't make 75 nights by the end of the year, you will likely be dropped down to Gold for 2016. If you're lucky, Marriott may renew you at Platinum as a courtesy. I've heard of this happening, but as to the frequency, it's hard to say.

Another option is that early next year, you will likely be given the opportunity to "buy" back your Platinum status. It will cost 40,000 points, but could be worth it especially with a heavy travel schedule in coming year.  Keep in mind that if you do drop from Platinum to Gold you will not get any rollover nights to begin the year.

I'd see if there is any way to find 5 relatively inexpensive nights between now and the end of the year (maybe a couple weekend getaway rates?) and try to retain Platinum status. No one says you have to leave town to do it.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...