10 Replies Latest reply: Nov 8, 2015 9:36 AM by AZDesertRat RSS

How long should I wait?

txman Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I book a room at a hotel in San Antonio. I choose the Spring Hill Suites because the location was right, the price was right, and it had a promotion of bonus of 3000 points. I book the room, my wife and I stay there, overall very good experience....Now the problem....The stay posts on my account, I get gold bonus....but I don't get the extra 3000. How long do I wait before I start calling? I read where it can take up to 10 days to post a stay, should I wait that long for the bonus points to show up? I figured if the stay and points had posted, the bonus points should have posted at the same time. Am I wrong thinking this?  What say you all????

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: How long should I wait?
    clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

I've found that the bonus points usually post separately, so if you give it the 10 days and they don't show up, then call.  You can also submit a request for missing points by email.  I did this once and had to produce the bill from my stay, so have that ready as well.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

txman Gold

Thanks for the info, I guess I will wait the 10 days and go from there.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Spot on!  It can take up to 10 business days for the points to post and calling is always a great option.  Another great option...  Reaching out to your wonderful moderators

If you still haven't receive your points after 10 days, you can always reach out to me, deannad or lindseyh, we're here to help. 

txman Gold

Yes, you have taken great care of me in the past....

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

clebert is right. Wait the customary time and if they still don't show up then absolutely call. I had the same thing happen during a stay in Pittsburgh. It was 3K per night for a two night stay. I wasn't about to let 6K points go.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

I know the online request to get missing points doesn't even allow you to submit until 10 days have passed

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Hmm I wonder if something is going on. Although, not related to bonus points, I had a one night stay on Friday of last week. Normally, I receive the credit in my Marriott account the same day I receive the digital bill by e-mail which I received early Monday morning. I realize it is only Tuesday but this has never happened to be before. The day I receive a copy of the bill by e-mail the points and night credit have always been credited to my Marriott account that same day. I dont' like the thought of waiting 10 days to contact someone to look into it because I know this is not typcial.

taxman193 Platinum 11 Reviews

Hmm I wonder if something is going on. Although, not related to bonus points, I had a one night stay on Friday of last week. Normally, I receive the credit in my Marriott account the same day I receive the digital bill by e-mail which I received early Monday morning. I realize it is only Tuesday but this has never happened to be before. The day I receive a copy of the bill by e-mail the points and night credit have always been credited to my Marriott account that same day. I dont' like the thought of waiting 10 days to contact someone to look into it because I know this is not typcial.

sunsoaker Platinum 3 Reviews

If I'm not mistaken, specific hotel bonus points are directly given from the hotel and not Marriott rewards. So I would call the hotel directly and find out what's going on and why they haven't credited you yet.

AZDesertRat Platinum

I had a similar experience after a stay at the Gaylord Palms in Kissimmee.  Stay points credited promptly, no 3000 bonus points received.  Several weeks later after checking the reservation email to be sure I was right, I called the MR help number.  They responded immediately, gave me an extra 1000 points for my trouble (credited the day of my call) and the 3000 bonus was posted the next day.  Give them a call if it's not fixed yet.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...