8 Replies Latest reply: Nov 3, 2015 1:00 PM by MJFrench RSS

Contact Info for a Billing Complaint

MJFrench Gold
Currently Being Moderated

I haven't had a complaint with Marriott before, and I've had a few stays with them as a Gold-guy, but I've got one now.  I'm looking for a street and/or email address for a billing complaint.

Here's the 45-second version:   I screwed up and reserved 2 rooms in Louisville on the wrong dates (2 days too early).  Yep, my fault.  I arrive in Louisville and I'm waiting to get my checked bag at the airport when I receive two emails, one for each room, thanking me for the stay that I haven't had yet.  I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I quickly determined that there was a problem (aside from not receiving my luggage).

I called the reservation line on the back of my Rewards Card and the nice lady attempted to get two more rooms, informed me that that hotel was booked, and obtained on-the-spot reservations at a nearby Marriott.  Then, after placing me on hold for awhile, came back and said that the situation had been rectified and that I would not be charged for the two rooms and erroneous reservation.  I was overjoyed.

Days later, I discovered that I was charged for both rooms.  I relayed my story by email to the manager and she said that there was nothing she could do, that I would be charged, and that I never spoke to anyone at her hotel who said I would not be charged (I spoke with Marriott reservations, not her hotel).

I'm upset about three things and one of them is my fault (the initial reservation).  I've never done that before and I've made a lot of reservations in my time.

The two other things that have me upset are that I was told that I would not be charged and that the "tone" of the email from the manager telling me that nobody at her hotel ever told me that I would not be charged (I never said that anyone from her hotel did, I said that the lady that made the new reservation did).  Rant over, can anyone help with corporate contact info (the actual hotel was no help)?  I just want to vent to them and let them know that the local hotel was not help and would not provide me with any contact info for someone else.

Thank you for your time!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Contact Info for a Billing Complaint
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Simple answer is to call Customer Service and ask them for the address' you may require and tell them your story.

Another thing is you could contest the charges on your credit card awaiting a response from Marriott if you desired to go down that road however; that may be more of a waste of time than you care to get involved with.

I'd try the Customer Service number and plead your case.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

muppetwrangler Platinum 8 Reviews

I'd give Customer Service a call and plead my case, informing them that you were told by one of their reps that you would not be charged.  Good luck!

Platinum 28 Reviews

MJFrench

Mr. French, I cannot fathom why this has become a problem - you would think a simple call to the hotel would suffice and has for me when these things happen.

Those "regulars" here know quite well my rantings and concerns with our friends at Corporate, but billing problems (which occur all the time) have been corrected immediately with proper explanation.

You must of "hit" a bad hotel accounting department.

bullzeye Member

I've only ever been in one unresolved billing dispute with a hotel and that was because they increased my room rate AFTER I checked in.  Marriott refuses to help with this.  However, there are options like credit card disputes.

Marriott did happen to get involved over some high speed internet charges I was given a hard time being removed, even though I was gold.  I had asked the desk twice, the gm twice, and finally has to call customer care.  All Marriott did was contact the gm for me and then he issued the credits,

Other than that, simply calling the GM has usually worked to get credit I needed when I forgot to cancel and was no-showed, or there were any other issues, hassles, or need to call Marriott.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

One thing to keep in mind is that the cancellation policy is a "by property" policy. Marriott has guidelines but each property is privately owned and is able to implement its own policy. So when you called Reservations and they promised you that you wouldn't have been charged they might not have had the authority to say that.

Looking at the property's point of view: It appears (based on your post) that they were completely full. If your reservation caused them to hold 2 rooms for you that you never took and they were unable to rent them to someone else that night then I can see how they would feel justified in charging you.

I agree with the other posters. Contact Customer Service, plead your case, then hope for the best. In the future, once you've made your reservation, if there is a problem then contact the property directly.

MJFrench Gold

Yeah, it did no good speaking to the hotel directly, the lady there just accused me of lying, saying nobody on her staff ever told me that it was taken care of (wasn't her staff, it was reservations).  When I called customer service, they just refer me back to the hotel.  It appears it's a crappy, local-hotel-gets-to-call-the-shots policy.  Is what it is.  I'll do my best to avoid the Residence Inn Louisville Northeast and tell my friends to do the same.  That stinks...

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Sounds like a terribly frustrating experience, MJFrench.  I'd like to see if I can help.  Can you send me a private message with your Rewards Number and dates of the stay in question?  Thanks in advance. 

MJFrench Gold

I have attempted to do that....LOL.   If you don't have it, let me know and I'll give it another shot.

Thank you!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...