4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2015 9:01 PM by john_thai RSS

A Pleasant Experience Tarnished By...

jhall05 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

...Something as simple as the cost of the washer and dryer.

Destination: Spring Hill Suites at Thanksgiving Point - Lehi, Utah

I'm thoroughly annoyed at the price of washing and drying 1 load.  Maybe $4 dollars is the "going rate", but a nearby competitor isn't half that cost.

I travel for a living, often staying at Marriott properties and I don't ask for much.  But I'm also at the highest level at a competitor hotel chain and this tiny detail pauses me for consideration.  Because when I do get miffed I make sure those involved know about it.  And the reservation I have may not result in another reservation here.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Lehi, Utah, USA SpringHill Suites By Marriott SpringHill Suites Lehi at Thanksgiving Point
  • Re: A Pleasant Experience Tarnished By...
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Definitely sounds frustrating, jhall05.  I'm curious if other Insider's have had similar experiences, and that is, like you say, the "going rate."  I'd still like to pass this along to the appropriate team for review. 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jhall05 Platinum

A competitor's property nearby charges $0.50 for their washer and $.025 for the dryer.  While that's not the "going rate" either, how about a happy medium?

If you're annoyed, you complain, right?

phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

Washers and dryers in hotels have prices that vary dramatically, but the worst of them are really cheap when compared with what most hotels charge to have laundry done.  At some hotels, the going rate has been more than 1/2 what the garments had originally cost me.

In fact, my single biggest complaint about hotels, in general, and Marriott, in particular, is the cost of having laundry done.  I would not care if there was an alternative, such as washers & dryers, in the hotel or a reasonably priced laundry shop in the neighborhood, but  too often, there are no such options available.  this is one area where Marriott could do a lot better.

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

For almost all of my travel, if I'm going to stay at a property more than a few days, I pick a property and room that has en suite laundry so I only have to buy soap.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...