9 Replies Latest reply: Jan 22, 2016 9:39 AM by ramoneur RSS

...so, anyone going to see the new Star Wars movie?

ramoneur Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I am carrying around my ticket for the premiere in my hometown cinema already for over a month;

I hope I can be there (and not being forced to be on business travel; things are not looking good :-()

as an all-time science fiction fan (reading ye olde Heinlein, Asimov, Clarke and cs) from since I can remember, StarWars has always had a special place in my heart (especially ESB);

my love for classical music started with John Williams (since then I have wandered off into Bach, but that's another story);

I hope Disney and Abrahams do not mess it up too much

and I am really looking forward to seeing the old Han Solo, Leia and Luke

so, back to the question: who's looking forward to see their childhood memories being sold to big bucks and optimized marketing strategies?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
China
  • Re: ...so, anyone going to see the new Star Wars movie?
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I typically go to the cinema to see one movie a year, mid-afternoon on Christmas Day. The new Star Wars will fit nicely into those plans this year. By then, the initial hype should have quieted a bit. I remember standing in line back in 1977 to see the original film multiple times. At least one theater nearby ran Star Wars for over a year. That would never happen today.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ramoneur Platinum

I haven't gone to cinema's in the last ten years, until a few weeks ago to see "The Martian" ( I typically don't like "Mutt Deemon", but he did a fantastic job in this movie), to check how "nowadays" 3D work (and to see how my brain processes it);

WOW, I will go to the movies more often, it is astonishing how well 3D works nowadays

I am REALLY looking forward to seeing SW in 3D

(and, btw, if you haven't seen it yet: go see The Martian: it is fabulous!)

Jsucool76 Gold

Super excited for star wars. I'll be seeing it at the iPic in Boca Raton.

ramoneur Platinum

*bump*

nobody else exited to go?

I would have guessed most of Marriott's top-tier frequenters would have been 1977-premiere goers and therefore avid fans...

ally_nola Gold

yup..flying to indy to watch it with friends.

ramoneur Platinum

just saw it;

it's ok;

not nice they threw about 30 years of "expanded universe" into the trash can

but still, it's ok

greekbecky Platinum

I do love science, but not-sci-fi...give me a documentary instead.  I did see the first Star Wars and it was good, but I'm probably one of the few that will pass on this one.  With that said, I can appreciate the hype around this one and respect the amount of followers excited about the film.

ramoneur Platinum

well...

starwars is not really scifi

it's more mysticism

and if anyone of you haven't seen this movie yet:

go see it immediately; it is great!

(yes, I finally have gotten over the fact they threw out 30 yrs of Expanded Universe; saw it four times now...)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...