4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 31, 2015 11:10 AM by clebert RSS

Hotel and Flight Packages -- Multiple Hotels

tsjesq Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

If I book a hotel and flight package, can I use the seven nights at more than one hotel over seven consecutive days?  What about over non-consecutive days?  Also, when I redeem points for a hotel and flight package, do I have to book the hotel immediately?

Thanks you!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Hotel and Flight Packages -- Multiple Hotels
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi tsjesq,

Great question. I'm not sure of this answer myself, so I have asked our team to provide clarity around this and will let you know when they get back to me. In the meantime, maybe a member that has taken advantage of a hotel & flight package will be able to shed some light. Thanks for posting, I'll be in touch! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

I seem to remember many years ago Marriott redemption options included a what was called "Hopper" redemptions for 7 nights issued as 2x2-night certs and a single 3 night certificate for 150,000 points valid at any hotel in the region purchased. The certs had to be used in a specific region and you could buy a European, Floridian or UK hopper package. That was as far as I am aware the only flexible 7-night redemption Marriott offered and they disappeared probably 4 or 5 years ago. As far as I'm aware the Travel Package certs are not that flexible, they can't be split between hotels, and online at least, must be consecutive. Booking by phone you might be able to book say 10 nights using the cert nights non-consecutively interspersed with paid nights but I've not heard of it being done.

WHen you redeem for the travel package the miles are sent to your nominated airline FF account and a 7-night certificate is deposited into your Marriott account for the category ordered. You then have a year to redeem your cert, though by request this can be extended once only by a year.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi tsjesq,

I have heard back from our team and they have advised, "Please have the member contact "Vacations by Marriott" at 877-483-7275 to see if they can use the seven (7) days at more than one hotel, as that is a "Vacations by Marriott" specific question. When using your points, you do not have to book the hotel immediately, but it is advised to do so, to avoid all or some of the days selling out."

I hope this helps, and if you post what you've learned after speaking with Vacations By Marriott back on this thread so others can learn what you have surrounding this question, that would be greatly appreciated!

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

brightlybob is correct.  You must book the category, but not the actual hotel at the time of the redemption, all 7 nights must be consecutive, and you have to stay at the same property all 7 nights.  You do have a year to redeem, and once redeemed there are some options to change/cancel but the rules are very specific.  Book your airline first before securing the hotel.  Also, if you are a MVCI owner, you have the option of booking a 5 night stay with the airline points for a lower number of MR points.  I am not aware of any current promotions that allow additional flexibility.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...