2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2015 9:04 AM by russellmck RSS

Maui Ocean Club - missing points

russellmck Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Recently stayed at MOC and rented two cabanas at a rate of $100 per day.  The cabana rentals are through the activity center at the Marritt's Maui Ocean Club.  When I reviewd my awarded pioints, it does not appear that those were converted to points.  Does anyone know if those should be qualified charges that should be converted to points? 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Maui Ocean Club - missing points
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi russellmck,

Our team has advised you to contact the Marriott Vacation Club Customer Care department at Customer.Care@VacationClub.com or (800) 860-9384 (toll-free in the United States and Canada) to find out about the charges, as earning points at Vacation Clubs differ from other Marriott's and this will be your best resource. 

If you could write back on this thread once you have contacted them to see if those charges qualified for points, so other Insiders can be informed for the future, that would be amazing!

Thanks

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Maui Ocean Club - missing points
      russellmck Platinum

deannad,

I called the number you provided (800-860-9384) and after speaking with three people, being transferred two times, and waiting on hold for nearly 25 minutes, I was told that the rental of any equipment from a Marriott does not count as a qualifying charge for the purpose of earning Marriott Rewards Points.  The Marriott web site indicates 10 points are earned for each $1 spent on qualifying charges.  One would presume that the rental of a cabana at a Marriott Vacation Club facility, through the Marriott's activity center and charged to one's room would count as a qualifying purchase.   I am unable to locate any fine print in writing via the Marriott web site.  How is a customer suppose to define a qualifying purchase when three Marriott representatives cannot answer the question (did I mention that the third person I spoke to placed me on hold so he could telephone someone else to ask the same question).

In my opinion, very misleading, Marriott, and a bad business practice. 

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...