6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 6, 2011 10:25 AM by anadyr RSS

2010 Loyalty trends

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

This may be a but too restrictive and not too readable for the average non-hoteleir (which includes me) but a trade publication recently discussed the top ten trends in loyalty across the spectrum, not just in the lodging segment.

Number 6 on the list caught my eye:

Customers are dissatisfied with old school “what has my customer done for me lately” loyalty programs. Loyal customers want to know what brands have done for them recently ---- and brands need to implement loyalty programs that respond to this opportunity.  

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: 2010 Loyalty trends
    tjcnewyork Platinum

1 Engagement and 7 Voice of the Customer are trends where Marriott is ahead of the curve and behind it.

The guest experience begins with reservations.  Marriott.com illustrates where Marriott is way ahead of the curve on engagement.  The content and presentation showcases Marriott properties well.  The Find and Reserve engine is easy to use and robust to accomodate a wide range of guest scenarios.

With the exception of Marriott Vacation Club and limited service brands like Courtyard, complimentary broadband/Wifi at full service brands is where Marriott is lagging behind the curve.  Loyal guests have been voicing it for quite some time.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

jasper100 Alumni Steward Platinum 10 Reviews

What ever happened to tjcnewyork..He used to be such a contributer to insiders and seems to have disappeared..Where are you tjcnewyork???

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

Item 7 and 11 catch my eye.

Item 7 discusses the 'voice of the customer' approach........ Ain't workin' here.

Item 11 discusses the implementation of social media and the confusion of those trying to implement it being more of a 'chest thumping' instead of a working scenario that satisfies the base customer........B-I-N-G-O.

Notice that this was posted a year ago--wonder why it popped up now?  Tags I added must have done it. Unlike the new system which is getting less and less tagged.

tef6178 Platinum 8 Reviews

SS:

I think when a response is made to any original post or to a response inside a post, that brings the original post to the head of the class in the Browse section and whatever section it was originally posted in......in this case, Jasper asked about TJC and back it came to the front of the line!

I still think Rod Serling is lurking somewhere within these walls........

Smoking I am sure--yes I can see clearly now that that is the reason!  Thanks

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...