3 Replies Latest reply: Aug 4, 2014 10:05 PM by vaboywnder RSS

Renaissance Hollywood SPA

mbiggs Platinum 20 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

First let me tell you I Love THIS hotel because It is in the heart of Hollywood, right next to everything and the service is exceptional, front desk people cannot be matched anywhere.  Exceptionally nice, easily accomodating.  Love the HOTEL.

As far as the SPA goes, this is not your normal JW Marriott or Marriott Level spa.  It is more like a nail saloon with extras.  The first time I stayed I arranged for two massages for myself and my daughter (special treat.)  The massage was amature at best and the spa was being renovated so many of the amentities were not functional.

They were kind enough to provide a voucher for another chance to experience the spa after renovations, however, the spa did not honor the voucher, causing me to pay for the spa pedicure, an extrodinarily high price for the services rendered.  I live in Southern California where you can easily obtain a 40 minute spa pedicure for the price of $25.00 plus tip.   Substantially less then what I was charged for a lower level service.

If you stay at the Renaissance Hollywood, GREAT HOTEL, Excellent Service, Fantastic Location, but don't waste your money on the spa.  Go elsewhere in the neighborhood, far better services delivered.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Hollywood SPA
    jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews

MBiggs,

I could not agree with you more!

The Magic Castle is across the street and if you can get an invitation is a great time.

Likewise, Mel's Diner is a great stop and the walking around the hotel is just plain fun.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Hollywood SPA
    GoldenBoy Platinum

I Used to stay there often. Too bad they're not affiliated with Marriott anymore. I think they're a Holiday Inn or something

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...