3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 14, 2015 10:54 AM by stelzer001 RSS

POINTS PLUS CASH REDEMPTION

rdbinsider Platinum 4 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

I'm a very loyal Marriott rewards member and would like to know

Would you prefer to be able to redeem points PLUS cash in advance while

booking a reservation online? The advantage of doing it this way you can

lower the cost of your stay whenever it's offered. The competitor (H) does

it and it's GREAT!!!  Who do we contact @ Marriott International about this?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: POINTS PLUS CASH REDEMPTION
    ndn Platinum

What are you asking? Have you been reading about the fab four?    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Good question to ask the community.  There has been lots of positive feedback with the new set up, so I'm curious as to what the Insider's have to say about this. 

stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

yes, and I already adjusted a points only reservation at the Waikola Marriott to a better room for the existing points plus cash, and it thrilled my wife and kids that we will get a better room, larger space, etc all for a modest copay of $50, and who knows, maybe the hotel will even upgrade me to something netter (yes, they do have better, just not available for points or cash and points) (ha, not likely, its during the Christmas break, even though I am a Life Plat and will requalify again next week for about the 8th year in a row). So cash + points seems to be preferable to me as I can get a better room, not pray for an upgrade that isn't likely to happen, and reserve what I want. My leisure travel is always at a high season as I have to go when my kids don't have school, which is when almost everyone else travels.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...