25 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2015 12:23 PM by carat RSS

More on Birthday Elite Night Credit (no)

micheleatl Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Since the post seemed to be closed - missed by a couple of hours and a subject that clearly raised concern among Elite members, I wanted to add my variation of the problem.  My birthday was 10 days ago (2015(, I promptly responded to my birthday wishes from Marriott which had the offer of an Elite Night.  Nothing happened, so I called tonight and the representative tried to convince me that I had received that 2015 birthday night in November of 2014.  I kept questioning why then did I receive the email and birthday wishes 10 days ago and she kept insisting I was wrong, wrong, wrong.  What kind of response is that to a Platinum Elite member.  She could have offered the night for my trouble and I would have been perfectly satisfied instead of writing this post. 

I feel like Marriott is the Oscar the Grouch of unbirthdays.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: More on Birthday Elite Night Credit (no)
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for bringing our attention to this, micheleatl.  Definitely doesn't sound like a pleasant experience.  I'd like to bring this to the appropriate teams attention and see if we can figure out the missing elite night credit issue.  Can you send me a private message with your Rewards Number?

I've also noticed you are new to the Insiders Community... Welcome!  As you may have already seen, this is a great place to talk about all things Marriott.  It is also a wonderful spot to talk about your travels and hear what other members have to say as well.  I am one of the moderators here, along with lindseyh and deannad.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us.

I've included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide,' just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you!!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

indecisiv Gold

Hi! I also just registered as a result of this. I also missed the boat on this. I'll go ahead and send you my rewards#, if you're able to help me out I would greatly appreciate it.

edit: strange, I can't send you a PM. Getting a red bar at the bottom of my screen with an "ok" button and nothing else whenever I hit submit.

edit2: Never mind, I guess it was a first post approval thing. Message sent thanks again.

Thanks for reaching out, indecisiv!  Go ahead and try sending me a private message again and I'll send in your information as well. 

Welcome to Insiders!!  Feel free to reach out whenever necessary.

Looking forward to hearing more from you as well!!

zunilily46 Platinum

Interesting. The same thing happened to me in 2014. I was told the same exact thing. I was given a birthday day in Aug 2013....but NOT in 2014. I finally gave up the battle!

Hey, micheleatl, indecisiv and zunilily46

We are still working on this with our team, but in the mean time, can you please send me via private message your birthdays, month and date?  Thanks in advance!

joshm Member

Hello indecisiv,

Our team has informed us that your Birthday Night was added on 10/20/2015.

Is your account not reflecting this? We can always connect you to our team in order ti discuss!

annrk Gold

I registered for this forum to see if I can find out why I have never received this credit, despite having been a MR member for decades.  I tried calling, but had numerous contradictory responses (from the same person), but no explanation.  Is it possible to find out why I have never been offered this credit - and I have checked Inbox and Spam multiple times to verify a notification never came?  I tired sending a PM to one of the Marriott reps on this thread, but got an orange bar that said "close" and nothing seems to have gone out.

Hello annrk!! Welcome to the Community!! I have reached out to you on the other post that is flying around here about this, as well. I'd definitely like to take a look into it for you.  Can you send me a direct message with your Rewards Number as well as the month and date of your Birthday? Thanks in advance!

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

I don't want to come off looking like any more of an idiot than I usually do, but what are you talking about? Are we supposed to be getting free night credit on our birthday? I've been around long enough that I'm lifetime platinum and have never heard of this. I just checked my profile and my birthday is in there. I checked all my activity for this year and don't see anything. Am I missing out on something?

ramoneur Platinum

it is not a free night;

it is a 1 night to your yearly amount for increasing/retaining your membership level

for this your birthdate/birthday must be in your profile

john_thai Platinum 8 Reviews

OK. Searched for that. Still never had one. But I guess since I'm Lifetime Platinum it doesn't really matter.

There have been some changes in the promotion recently, and it looks like there has been a bit of a shake up.  Our team is waiting for better clarity on this.  We'll keep you in the loop!

glabor Gold

I have been a member for years and never received a birthday night. Today is my birthday! What do I need to do?

Happy Birthday glabor!  Unfortunately, this Rewards Perk is on hold for the moment.  But we will definitely keep you and the community updated. 

glabor Gold

why did it become on hold? My mother got one in July, but I've never received one.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Our team has been informed that any birthdays after October 14th will be included in the next Birthday Promotion release, but at this time, they do not have any information about it, or when it will be released. Because of this, they are only able to add elite night credits for birthdays not previously received this year prior to October 15th. We're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you.

jimaruba Gold 1 Reviews

Will I receive a night for my 2015 November bithday  since my profile is already noted and I received in 2014?

glabor Gold

So people born 14 days later will not get the birthday night? This doesn't make sense

We are still waiting to hear back from our team on this.  They are working on the next round of this promotion and will give us better detail once they have it.  Don't worry, we'll be sure to keep you all updated with the latest information.

anobserver Platinum

Hi I'm new to the forum and I am a Platinum traveler for a few years and I have not received the birthday night/and or credit. I haven't been able to travel much this year because I was in a terrible accident and I am temporarily unable to do so. I am sad that i will lose my Platinum status that I work so hard to maintain. My job requires extensive travel and I remained loyal to the brand. .

Welcome to the Insiders Community, anobserver! As you may have already seen, this is a great place to talk about all things travel, from experiences and recommendations to getting the most of out the Rewards Program.  I'm carat, and am one of the moderators of the forum along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  I've included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide,' just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, this topic has had much debate as of late.  As you probably have read from above, this is a Elite Night Credit that counts towards your over all stays within a calendar year.  Currently, this member benefit is undergoing some changes and if your birthday is after October 14, it will be added to the next round of this promotion.  However, can you send me a private message with the month and date of your birthday along with your Rewards Number?  I'd also like to see if there is anything Marriott can provide to keep your Platinum status moving forward.  Thanks in advance! 

Again, welcome! Looking forward to hearing more from you!

anobserver Platinum

Hi Carat thank you for followingup with me it means the world to me! I've reviewed many of the posts, and many of your responses and it takes a special gift (a genuine heart) to flow over lives of communication via technology. I want to compliment you even before you provide a service to myself, You have served many. Continue to serve, it is what makes the brand acquire brand loyals like me!

Thanks for your kind words, anobserver!  I truly appreciate it!

I've had a love for Marriott long before I came on this site.  It really is a great forum for like minded people to share and interact! 

I went ahead and reached out to our team and will let you know as soon as I hear from them.  (I also removed your Rewards Number and Birthday from the above message, wanted to keep that between you and I)

tilia14 Gold

Hello,

I've tried private messaging you and can't tell if it went through.  I just get an orange bar across the bottom and that's it but the messaging window remains open.  Any suggestions?

Hi tilia14!  Welcome to the Insiders Community!  As you may have seen, this is a great forum to discuss all things travel related!  From sharing your experiences and recommendations to learning benefits the Rewards program, we cover it all.   I moderate the community along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions, like above, feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.  I've also included a link to our Getting Started Guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, I did not receive your message.  However, I've gone ahead and sent you one.

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...