6 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2009 11:33 AM by anadyr RSS

Lotion or Conditioner??????

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

As the cost cutting continues, I definitely feeling the diminishing bathroom amenities at Courtyards and Springhills - namely they used to provide shampoo, conditioner AND lotion, but for the past year or so the lotion has been absent. 

Personally they can keep the conditioner - I never use it, but I really use and need the lotion.  Especially in the cold, dry winter months.  If they can only provide one other thing with the shampoo, I prefer it be the lotion.  Anyone agree/disagree?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Lotion or Conditioner??????
    profchiara Alumni Steward Silver 3 Reviews

I've had the same experience.  I was thrilled when most brands of Marriott first seemed to recognize women business travelers (who NEEDED hair dryers and conditioner), but lately have found that most of them now don't have any lotion. These are the very basics, and all brands of Marriott should have them.

ProfChiara

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

Lotions, and other notions have gone the way of stationery, sewing kits, shoe shine mitts, and little containers of mouthwash!  Having donated a couple hundred pounds of these items to Operation Yellow Ribbon over the last few years I know that the stuff has been used and appreciated.

But, I have found that many Marriotts and some limited service properties still have stocks of toiletries stashed.  Have you asked housekeeping or at the front desk?  They may be able to help.

Not as good as seeing it in the room but, it may be in the building.

pltnmprincess Platinum

I did get some lotion from the front desk (I am at the CY Bellevue WA this week), but I have to believe that more people use the lotion than the conditioner.  If they have to pick one to have in the room, I would think the lotion should be there and the conditioner available upon request.

Lets take a poll - who votes for lotion and who votes for conditioner?

If I am wrong I will happily stop whining.. ;-)

nuhusker Platinum 2 Reviews

sounds like you followed SteppingStones advice and problem solved. 

mbiggs Platinum 20 Reviews

OK I am a fan of the conditioner of which I can't leave home without it.  However, I cannot decipher the conditioner from the lotion, the print is small and the bottles the exact same size, color, print is hard to read. 

I would help to have a different color for Shampoo, Conditioner, Body Wash and Lotion (a neccessiity please) so I don't have to fumble with my eyeglasses first thing in the morning. 

No ONE who carries on can easily transport these items and it is quite frankly one of the reasons I stay in the full service Marriott versus another property.  This and the concierge lounge.

Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

I too need my glasses to find the right stuff but I always separate them when checking in:  Lotion to the nightstand, conditioner and sampoo in the shower/tub.  Makes it simple for me.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...