This discussion is locked
79 Replies Latest reply: Mar 10, 2016 10:50 AM by carat RSS

Gold elite status fast track

a.asadahmed Silver
Currently Being Moderated

Note from your Community Managers:  For all inquires and requests regarding Status Challenges, please refer to the following thread:

Status Challenges: What are they and how do I enroll?

HI,

Few months ago I was given the challenge to gold elite status. I missed it by just 1 night with few days. I would love to take up the challenge again.

Would greatly appreciate  you could add me to the promotion.

regards, Asad

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Gold elite status fast track
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Thanks for posting, a.asadahmed!! I can definitely help out with this.  Can you send me your Rewards Number via private message?

I also see that this is your first post... Welcome to Insiders!! As you may have already seen, this is a great spot to talk about all things Marriott and hear what other travelers like yourself have to say.  It is also a great spot to share your travel experiences and recommendations.  I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any comments or questions, like above, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  I've included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide.' Just in case you'd like to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you, and again, welcome!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

cafecnleche Member

Hi carat, I would also like to be enrolled in the Fast Track challenge!

I just started on a project that will likely involve bi weekly stays at a Marriott through July. I'd love the chance to gain status more quickly! (For reference, I currently have gold status at Starwood).

I emailed the customer service team and they told me this wasn't possible, but as I can see from this thread there are definitely others being offered this opportunity. Let me know if it's something you might be able to include me in.

Thanks!

travellerlover Platinum

Hi Carat, Could you add me to this Gold Elite Fast Track program ? I have sent you in privaye message my Marriott rewards #. Please let me know whether I have been accepted in this Gold Elite Fast Track program. Thanks

adamw Member

Hi, I would also like to be enrolled in the Fast Track challenge!

I am just focused on the region with a few Marriotts and quicker upgrade would be highly appreciated.

I currently have gold status at Accord and Hhonours.

I emailed the customer service team and they told me this wasn't possible, but as I can see on the web there is a new offer. please let me know if it could be possible.

br Adam

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi adamw,

Please send me a private message with your Rewards # and email address and I'd be happy to have our team look into the eligibility of enrolling your account into a status challenge. Thank you!

sugargee Silver

HI carat, I would like to do the gold challenge again... I was not able to complete it last year... Could I join it this time? Hope you could help me. Thank you very much

Hi sugargee! Welcome to Insiders!  I have gone ahead and sent you a direct message to get the conversation started. 

ceciliaya Silver

Hi Carat,

I am new to Marriott . I'm already a Silver (yay!). May I please also get the link for the Gold Challenge?

Thank you, Carat!

tonyinfl Member

I received the Gold FAst track and was told there is a Platinum Fast rack.  I sent an email to Marriott.com but want to get this going ASAP as I now exclusively use Marriott properties and stay 2-3 times per week.

Please let me know if that is possible.

Thanks!

Hi tonyinfl.

When it comes to status challenges,  members are only eligible to complete one status challenge per 12 months. Since you've already enrolled in one challenge you are not eligible at this time to complete another challenge.  Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have about this. 

cdhoops Platinum

carat

Can I enroll in the gold fast track?  I will be around 21 nights by April 1, but would like to move faster if possible!

Thanks for any info you can provide!

Hi cdhoops, welcome to the community!  I've gone ahead and sent you a private message.  Please let me know if you have not received it.

vickiinvirginia Platinum

Can you help me find out if I'm eligible for the fast track challenge?  Thanks so much!

Sure can, vickiinvirginia!  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message to start the conversation. 

psarff Silver

Hello Carat, I held Gold status until a couple weeks ago and have now been reduced to Silver!  Is there any chance I could get added to the Gold fast track as well?  Any assistance is greatly appreciated!

Hi psarff, welcome to the community!  I can definitely help.  I've gone ahead and sent you a private message to start the conversation.  Please let me know if you have not received it. 

Hi a.asadahmed,

Our team has informed us that they are happy to offer you a Gold Challenge. If you accept this offer, your account status would be upgraded to Gold Elite after the following terms have been met:

In order to achieve this status, you must accumulate six separate paid stays beginning with the date your account is registered for the offer, through January 31, 2016.  This is a one-time offer, and would be effective within three business days of your acceptance of this offer.

Once you have accumulated six separate paid stays, your account status would be upgraded to Gold Elite through January 2017.  To retain this status for all of 2017, you would need to accrue the qualifying number of Elite nights during 2016.  The Silver Elite level requires 10 Elite nights, the Gold Elite level requires 50 Elite nights, and the Platinum Elite level requires 75 Elite nights.

Should you be unable to accumulate six separate paid stays during this trial period, your account would remain at your current status, and you would need to stay the normal night requirements to achieve this Gold Elite level.

A "hotel stay" or "stay" means all consecutive nights a Marriott Rewards member registers and personally pays and stays at any participating hotel.  For example, one or multiple consecutive nights stayed in one hotel qualifies as one paid stay.

Please reply to this thread if you would like to accept this offer, and our team will register your account.

Thank you!

a.asadahmed Silver

Thanks for the offer. I would like to take up this offer... Thanks.

Thank you Asad! We have let the team know and you are now enrolled, starting today, so you have until January 31, 2016 to complete six separate paid stays between that time. Thank you!

mrs92 Member

Please include me on this promotion.

We can definitely help get you enrolled, mrs92.  Can you send me a private message with your Rewards Number?

I also see you are new around here.  Welcome to the Insiders Community!  This is a great forum to talk about all things travel, from getting the most out of the Rewards program to sharing recommendations and experiences.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions or comments, feel free to reach out to any of us, we're here to help.   Just in case you'd like to take a peak, I've included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide.' 

Getting Started Guide

Again, welcome!

tkobb421 Silver

I seem to keep missing out on my promotion for Gold Elite as well.  I have a flurry of travel planned through the end of the year though......is it possible to get added to this promotion as well???

dewcreboosman Platinum

Id be interested in the gold challenge.

I can definitely help get you both enrolled, tkobb421 and dewcreboosman.  Just send me a private message with your Rewards Number.  Thanks in advance!

I'd also like to Welcome you both to the Insiders Forum!  This is a great place to talk about all things travel. From sharing your travel experiences and recommendations to getting the most out of the Rewards Program, we cover it all. I'm carat and I moderate the community along with deannad and lindseyh.  Please feel free to reach out to any of us if you have questions, we are here to help.

I've included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide' in case you'd like to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you both!

scrapper1994 Gold

Can I also sign up for the Gold Challenge? I have a couple of stays planned in January and again in April  and will definitely prioritize more stays throughout the year.  Thanks.

I can definitely help, scrapper1994.  Before we go ahead and sign you up, I wanted to let you know, this promotion is for a 3 month period and requires a total of 6 paid stays.  Since you have stays in January and April, I would suggest enrolling in the challenge when you are closer to your first stay.  However, if you feel like you will be able to complete the challenge prior to the above mentioned stays, send me a private message with your Rewards number, and I'll get you enrolled.

scrapper1994 Gold

Great advice. Yes it would be prudent to hold off at this point. Thanks for the guidance!

jtpc Gold

carat Would you be able to send me a private message so that I can send you a reply? I'm getting an error message trying to send messages. Thanks!

You got it, jtpc!  I've sent one over, please let me know if you haven't received it. 

crashbg Silver

Hi carat,

is it possible to assist me also on geting on Gold Challenge?

Kind regards,

Milan

Welcome to the Insiders Community, crashbg!  As you may have already seen, this is a great place to talk about all things travel related.  From getting the most out of the Rewards program to sharing your travel recommendations and experiences.  It is also a great place to connect with like minded travelers and hear what they have to say.  I'm carat and I am one of the moderators here, along with deannad and lindseyh.  Please reach out to us with any questions or concerns you may have. 

In regards to your post, I can definitely help out here.  Please send me a direct message with your Rewards number and I'll work with our team to get you enrolled properly. 

Looking forward to hearing more from you.

dewcreboosman Platinum

did you get my response with my account number?

dewcreboosman Platinum

I replied on 11/18.

Apologies for not catching this sooner, dewcreboosman!  I have not received the private message, so I've gone ahead and sent one your way.  Please reply with your Rewards number and we'll get you set up in a Status Challenge.  I'd also like to welcome you to the Insider's Community as well!  This is a great travel forum and has its way of bringing like minded travelers together. 

ajaineng Silver

HI carat - I've tried to send a personal message, but it is failing. Would you be able to send me one so I can respond? Many thanks ajaineng

Welcome to Insiders, ajaineng! You may have already noticed, but this is a great place to talk about all things travel related.  From recommendations and experiences to getting the most out of the Rewards program, we cover it all.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or my fellow moderators, lindseyh or deannad.  We're here to help!

I've gone ahead and sent you a private message. Let me know if you haven't received it. 

blalap Member

Hi carat,

I would also like to get the challenge to receive Gold and Platinum. I will definitely meet the requirements for Platinum next year as I will be staying at hotels for over 6 months.

Could you send me a private message, so I can reply to you with my Rewards number. I also get an error message when sending direct messages.

Message sent!

lsimos Gold 1 Reviews

Back in October I was sent an offer  for gold status. it said I needed 14 more stays to retain my current gold status in 2016. there was no place to sign up for it how do I know if I am registered for this offer?

carat wrote:

Welcome to Insiders, ajaineng! You may have already noticed, but this is a great place to talk about all things travel related.  From recommendations and experiences to getting the most out of the Rewards program, we cover it all.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to me or my fellow moderators, lindseyh or deannad.  We're here to help!

I've gone ahead and sent you a private message. Let me know if you haven't received it.

tranben17 Gold

Hello carat, I saw your reply on a recent post where a member missed Gold qualification this year and looking for a challenge to regain the status. I am in the same boat - I don't think I've made it to gold this year.

I have upcoming traveling in March 2016 and will love to take on a challenge to regain my status. Could you check to see what you could offer me? And, one more thing, could you confirm when does my Gold status expire? I've heard Jan 31 or end of Feb, not sure which is true? Thanks!

BTW I tried to send you a direct message but I don't think it went through.

-ben

Hi tranben17.  I've sent you a direct message to get the conversation started.  Please let me know if you have not received it. 

jadfls Member

Hi, is it possible for me to get the same offer? Would appreciate it.

Message sent!

bigjimslade Platinum

Can I get in on this offer as well?

bigjimslade Platinum

May I also get in on this offer?

nhtraveler Platinum 3 Reviews

This discussion board brings back memories! I recall about 10 or 11 years ago getting a "Taste of Gold" promotion - I was upgraded to Gold immediately for three months, but if I stayed a certain number of nights, I would then enjoy Gold for the rest of the year and, if memory serves, the following year as well. I was automatically registered for it, and my first stay, a few weeks later, happened to be at the JW Marriott Camelback Inn at Scottsdale, AZ. I'll never forget being greeted with "Welcome to the Camelback Inn and thank you for being a Gold Elite member. We have given you an upgraded room."

From there on in, I was hooked. I then achieved Gold every year, until I earned Platinum.  I have now been a Platinum for about five or six years running and am about to earn lifetime Platinum, but remember that but for the Taste of Gold promotion, I might never have had the incentive to make Marriott my hotel chain of choice.

a.asadahmed, I hope that your experience with Gold is as enjoyable and rewarding as mine was and that it puts you on track to achieving Platinum.

wdd08 Silver

I would like to get in on this gold challenge as well if possible. Also Carat I tried to send you a message but it would not send, I am getting an error message as well. Thanks!

sunsetcity70 Platinum

Hi carat - I had the same problem trying to PM you as wdd08. Are you able to PM directly about elite fast track (I currently writing from a Marriott where I will be living for the next 90+ days.

Thank you!

Hi sunsetcity70.  Sure can.    I've gone ahead and sent you a message, please let me know if you have not received it. 

sunsetcity70 Platinum

PS - I forgot to mention that I have been a silver for years and somehow it now just says member - regardless I am currently residing in a Marriott property that I will be in for the next several months.

insidersamda Silver

HI Carat,

Could you also enroll me on this challenge please ? I spoke with customer representative she said she manually enrolled me on this, but I don't see it on my account.

Appreciate your help.

Hi insidersamda!  Welcome to the community!!  I can definitely take a deeper look into this for you.  Would you mind sending me a private message with your Rewards number?  Thanks in advance!

decentsoul Silver

Hi,

Can you also help me enrolling with this challenge?

I recently missed this challenge by couple of stays.

Warm Regards,

Harshad M.

HI decentsoul! Welcome to the Insiders community! You have probably already taken a look around and have seen that this is a great forum to discuss all things travel. From sharing your recommendations and experiences to learning the Rewards program, we cover it all! I'm carat and I moderate the community along with deannad  and lindseyh.  if you ever have any questions, feel free to reach out to any of us, we're always here to help!   Just in case you'd like to take a look, I've added a link to our Getting Started Guide.

Getting Started Guide

In regards to your post, I can definitely help out. I've gone ahead and sent you a private message to start the conversation. Please let me know if you haven't received it.

decentsoul Silver

Hi carat,

Thank you.

I didn't receive any direct message. Somehow I am unable to also send you the DM.

Regards,

Harshad Mishrikotkar.

cafecnleche Member

Hi carat, I would also like to be added to the Fast Track challenge if possible. I tried to send a direct message last week, but am not sure if it went through. Let me know what else I need to do to get enrolled in the challenge! Thanks

circky Gold

Hi Carat, similar to cafecnleche, I tried sending you a direct message today, but I'm not sure if it went through.  Can you please provide me some information on whether or not I can qualify for the Fast Track challenge?

Thanks!

Hi cafecnleche and circky!  Welcome to Insiders!  I've gone ahead and sent you both a private message to get the conversation started.  Please let me know if you haven't received it.

tyson Gold

I am interested in the fast track promotion also. I would like to know if I can be added too. Thank you.

Hi tyson!  Welcome to Insiders!  I've gone ahead and sent you a message to get the conversation started.  Please let me know if you haven't received it. 

byfra Silver

Hi!

Can u add my to a fast track program?

Thanks from the top!

Greetings,

Tom

vinny79 Platinum

Hi,

I signed up for this challenge last year and unfortunately, I missed it by 2 paid stays. I stay every week at a hotel and Marriott is next to my customer location. I would be happy to stay with Marriott, if you can sign me up for this challenge.

Appreciate your help!

Hi vinny79, welcome to Inisders!  I've gone ahead and sent you a direct message to get the conversation started.

zafeera Silver

ccan you please let me know if I can enroll in a fast track gold challenge Please.

regards

zafeer

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Being manually enrolled means that it won't show up on your account. Customer service will have to review your account and grant you the status upon successful completion of the challenge. Because of that, it's best to call as soon as your last qualifying stay posts. That way the review can be completed and your status upgraded immediately.

dominik88 Platinum

Hallo,

I would like to be added for a fast track, too. Could you please send me a massage to talk about this.

Thanks

Dom