6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 17, 2016 9:01 AM by erc RSS

rewards points on food & beverage

rickamsterdam Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Ggood day,

Can anyone inform me whether I should receive Rewards Points on food & drinks, even if I do not stay in the property itself, but just use the bar and/or restaurant. I know this is the case at Starwood and you do get points on F&B, even if not a hotel guest.

Looking forward receiving your reply.

Rick

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: rewards points on food & beverage
    stelzer001 Platinum 2 Reviews

as far as I know, only registered hotel guests get points for F&B charged to room, even if staying on points. I used to get points for F&B at Hyatt even if not a registered guest, but I think Hyatt did away with that perk a few years ago and I dont recall Marriott ever having such a perk. So in short, unless someone else has other info, no stay = no points for F&B charges. Hope that helps

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Great question, rickamsterdam! I've actually reached out for clarity around this and will let you know what I'm able to find out.

I see that you're new around here... Welcome to Insiders!!  As you may have already seen, its a great place to hear what other travelers like yourself are talking about.  It's also a wonderful spot to share your travel experiences and recommendations.  I am one of the moderators here along with deannad and lindseyh.  If you ever have any questions, please feel free to reach out to any of us.  We're here to help

I've included a link to our 'Getting Started Guide,' if you'd like to take a look. 

Getting Started Guide

Looking forward to hearing more from you!

ndn Platinum

You can only receive points for Food and Beverage items charged to a room in a full-service hotel (except RC). If you have no room, you cannot charge it to a room. Therefore, you cannot receive the points if you don't have a room.

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi rickamsterdam,

Cara and I heard back from our team and it looks like ndn and stelzer001 are correct. In order to receive Marriott Rewards credit for restaurant, gift shop, and other qualified purchases at full-service properties, you must be an overnight guest at the hotel. These incidental charges would need to be billed to your room to ensure you receive credit.  You can view the complete qualifications for earning stay credit at the following link:

http://marriott.com/rewards/terms/earning.mi

Thanks for posting your question, and thanks to the other insiders for chiming in to help!

karineb Platinum

Do food purchases charged to the room at a Courtyard Hotel qualify for points? Is Courtyard considered full service?

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...