1 Reply Latest reply: Dec 13, 2009 7:22 PM by anadyr RSS

Ledcamera

ledcamera Platinum
Currently Being Moderated
Cant quite figure out how marriott can charge $400.00 or more a night in Manhattan.Wheres the recession?? I would be fired if I tried to stay in ny

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ledcamera
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    Currently Being Moderated

Wonder no more!  The rate is based on the competition and the time of year as well as a rate analysis done for the hotels (not just Marriott) by third parties.

As a comparison I plunked down 17 bucks for an average cheeseburger in the Soho area of Manhattan last month!  It is not a cheap place to do anything that is for sure.

Now to contradict myself (which I often do) there are serious discounts to be had at some of the Botique hotels like the Belvedere and the Essalyn--check them out.   The latter offers free happy hour and free continental breakfast according to their web sites.

And Marriott often offers discounts that drop the price below 400 even at the Marriott Marquis.  Shop around--it's not cheap but it can be cheaper!

Good luck on that search!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...