8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2015 8:45 AM by drpepper RSS

horrible experience with marriott rewards desk

ftlauderdaleguy Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

I had the worst agent at the Marriott rewards ELITE desk. I am a platinum member and the man was rude and nasty. I hope anyone else who had a terrible experience with him shouts out

He sighed while talking to me and asked me in a condescending voice "what don't you understand from my question"  he said I have asked you the same question 3 times. When I asked him his name he fought me and wouldn't tell me and when I asked for his supervisor he hung up.   I hope that the call was taped and will be listened to.

I hopd others who have dealt with this rude guy speak out and he gets fired!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: horrible experience with marriott rewards desk
    ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

I don't know this for a fact, but I suspect Marriott has customer service reps that work from home. The reason why I say this is because the last time I called I got someone who sounded like she was doing something else while on the phone with me. The call went well and I got what I needed it just had a different vibe than all my past calls. The rep should always give their name at the beginning, and any time you request it. If I don't immediately write it down when I call (which I usually do), I often ask for it at the end and use their name to thank them for helping me. Sorry you had a lousy experience, my only advice is call again and you are basically guaranteed to get someone better.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi ftlauderdaleguy,

Thanks for posting, I'd like to bring this to our teams attention. Could you please send me a direct message with your Rewards number, the date and approx. time of the call, and any more information about the call including subject matter you feel could help possibly find out who was on the phone with you.

Also, I see you're new around here, so I'd like to welcome you to the Insiders Forum!

This place is a wonderful resource to seek information, as you have already done here. From travel tips and insights to recommendations and photos, this community serves as a great way to engage with your fellow travelers.

I am part of the community management team that moderates this forum, so if you have any other questions, or would like help of any kind, don't hesitate to reach out to me, lindseyh, joshm or carat. We're here to help

We look forward to seeing more of you!

Platinum 28 Reviews

ftlauderdaleguy

I am very interested in how the community managers handle this incident.

I have been championing the position that we should have our own representative to be a liaison to Marriott were wrongs have been experienced.

I am sincerely hopeful that they can get to the bottom of your experience and do something about it.  Any proof that we don't need a rep is desired.

Thanks in advance,

MC

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

ftlauderdaleguy,

I had a similar experience with a male Marriott C/S associate, who sounded a lot like your description.  He sounded irritated from the moment he took the call.  The tone continued the entire duration of the phone call.  As the call continued, there were numerous sighs on his part.  He sounded put out, even ticked off (kind of like, why do I have to do this stupid job and deal with these stupid people?)  For my part, I just wanted it to end, and could hardly wait to finish the conversation and hang up.  I thanked him, and that was that, except all I could think was - Wow.  It was really weird.  I was missing points and he claimed he would post the points.  When the points still didn't show up after a few more days, I had to contact Marriott again.  Come to think of it, I had to make 3 phone calls to get the whole thing resolved.  My conversation with this guy was around last November.  I don't recall the name, if one was given.

No one wants a customer service experience like that, but unfortunately, without any identifying information, I don't see how this person can be monitored/addressed.

ks77 Gold 23 Reviews

That's awful. I have contacted the Gold desk maybe a half dozen times in three years. I usually get a call center in Salt Lake City. Every time I get someone there, they are very friendly.

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

That's why this experience was so weird.  Everyone is pretty nice (even if they're not very knowledgeable - which occasionally they aren't, but one can't know everything and some things do require a little time and research - they're still pretty nice.)

drpepper Platinum

This person definitely needs some retraining!  I have never had a bad experience with a MR representative.  In fact, I have found them to be some of the best customer service representatives in the business.  Marriott needs to find this person and get them re-trained soonest.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...