2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 10, 2015 12:14 AM by phctourist RSS

Renaissance Allentown - Hotel Review

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Just wrapped up a 1-night stay at the new Renaissance Allentown (Renaissance Allentown Hotel: Allentown Distinctive Hotels).

Overall, a beautifully appointed hotel in the heart of Allentown, Pennsylvania. The property is attached to the new PPL Center (PPL Center - PPL Center) home to the Lehigh Valley Phantoms (minor league affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers).  Together the PPL Center and Renaissance property are part of a downtown revitalization effort which includes some fantastic restaurants. 

The hotel has poor signage from the street and can be hard to find, but that is the only bad thing I can report.  The rooms were nicely designed, impeccably clean, and included the new nightstand tablet from which various services could be requested (picture below).

2015-10-05 10.58.35.jpg

The R Life Lounge was also fantastic - good selection, plenty of room, and great service.  Sandra (who staffed the lounge) was the epitome of "Spirit to Serve" and I plan to nominate her in a separate post.  Overall, a great property in an up and coming area.  Great for business, a stopover, or a multi-night stay combined with a hockey game!

2015-10-04 16.27.22.jpg 2015-10-05 11.23.44.jpg

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA Renaissance Hotels Renaissance Allentown Hotel
  • Re: Renaissance Allentown - Hotel Review
    bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Great to hear, jakeal. I have a stay booked for early November.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Renaissance Allentown - Hotel Review
    phctourist Platinum 20 Reviews

I agree with everything in this review.  I must also add that the restaurant was an outstanding contrast to my previous complaints about dining in Marriott properties.  It was excellent and attracted a great many diners who weren't even staying at the hotel. 

We stayed there twice during July and loved the hotel!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Incoming Links