20 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2015 1:13 PM by misterchk RSS

Do all official Marriott reviews make the cut ?

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

it doesn't happen very often and I usually have between 80-90 paid stays a year and never get a feedback or review choice but after a points redemption stay I got one filled it in and submitted a review a very bad one at that and have just checked for it on the hotels reviews I'm taking it Marriott have a producer to see what makes the cut as my review is not up there and other stays dated afterwards that lavish praise on the hotel are there so trip advisor it is then

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Do all official Marriott reviews make the cut ?
    deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi doddsy69,

I have asked our team to provide us with some insight as to the process involved once a review has been submitted to Marriott. I, or one of the other moderators, will report back once we've heard from them. Thanks for taking the time to post your question.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

ndn Platinum

No. Mine for the JW Marriott Austin never appeared.    

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

The one or two times (like most Insiders we don't get offered)  I've been offered a chance to review a property the review has not shown up on the hotel review pages. 

Yes deannad many of us here would love to know why and now the review process works as well as when/if you are selected who determines what review show up and why they are not all allowed to be viewed.

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

I've been fortunate in that the few times I've been asked to review a property, my review posted within a couple days. If I recall, the surveys I filled out were favorable (for some reason I never get asked to review a property that I might be less than thrilled about ).

It seems that if they ask us to review a property, the least Marriott could do is post those reviews whether they are good or bad.

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I was very excited when I received a survey request for the Richmond Marriott.  I completed the survey and have been waiting for it to post for almost a week.  I even went back to the original email to see if I had not submitted it correctly, but it said I had submitted it.  I agree with bejacob that if they ask us to review a property, they should at least post the review.  If there is a "next time", I will probably not waste my time filling out the survey.

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Hi all,

We found some interesting information around this. We've learned that when reviews are submitted, they are moderated to ensure that they meet specific guidelines before being posted to the site. The moderation of each review is done by a third party vendor, not Marriott. Negative reviews are not excluded from being posted to the site, so if a review is not posted, it means that it did not comply with the guidelines and could have included such things as profanity, personally identifiable information, unintelligible information, or other violated criteria.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

thanks for the info and it makes sense

Good info carat, but how about a bit more such as what are the guidelines as I don't remember seeing any given for the survey/review when I got my limited chances.  I can certainly say I did not use any profanity, put personal information other than names of the Associates that were worthy of being mentioned and what exactly does "unintelligible information" cover these days with Marriott?

razorbackfan Alumni Steward Platinum 23 Reviews

I sure would like to know what I said that kept my review from being posted.

moonflower Platinum 13 Reviews

I get quite a few surveys. I always respond to Marriott surveys because I either want the hotel to know their doing the right thing; or to take the feedback and improve. I am not particularly interested in feeding others with info - they can make up their own mind. I just want the service I expect and pay for. I run a service business with 1800 staff, so I know some of the challenges and I always get plenty of feedback, good and bad. Publish if you like but respond to me.

ndn Platinum

Then they are doing a poor job. My review didn't violate any of the terms.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Mine have never been published - could be I'm too critical - which brings up an "idea" (LOL)

MAYBE WE SHOULD REVIEW ON THIS SITE????

doddsy69 Platinum 8 Reviews

All I did was give an accurate account off my experience with the hotel which in this case was a nightmare and if the moderator feels that this is so severe that it doesn't make the grade surely they should contact you to find out more about the poor stay ?

Incredible, I was just offered to take a hotel survey and provide a review for a stay this past Monday night......WOW

Even more incredible is my points show up in my account less than 48 hours after checkout, crazy stuff!!

Now I'll wait to see if my hotel review shows up on the hotel site.

Platinum 28 Reviews

Mr. Cynical here (have awarded myself an additional title)

Conspiracy theory:  (based on none of my "official reviews" ever being published)

IT IS QUITE POSSIBLE (MAYBE PROBABLY) THAT THIS IS THE EASIEST WAY FOR MARRIOTT TO EDIT AND CONTROL WHAT IS SAID ABOUT A PROPERTY.

Sorry for that, but reasons for not permitting us to review on this site never had made much sense.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...