8 Replies Latest reply: Dec 5, 2015 2:28 PM by clebert RSS

Point Conversion (Airline to Marriott)

tomba11 Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to convert unused airline miles to Marriott Points with any of the airlines?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Point Conversion (Airline to Marriott)
    vaboywnder Alumni Steward Platinum 21 Reviews

Hi tomba11 and welcome to Marriott Insiders. I believe this is only possible with United Miles and its only because of their special Rewards Plus partnership with United.

https://secure.unitedmileageplus.com/reg/rewards_plus/miles_to_points.html?lang=en

You can however convert Marriott Points to multiple airline miles.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

clebert Platinum 21 Reviews

tomba11, you can use AAdvantage miles to book hotels directly through AA.com, including Marriott properties, but I don't know of a way to convert airline miles to MR points, other than the United deal mentioned above.  Delta also has a thing called SkyMiles Marketplace where you can use Delta FF points to book hotels.  Neither of these programs seems like a very good deal, but I suppose if you don't have any other use for your FF points, it's not a bad use. 

carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Good question, tomba11!!  Though I am not positive on the answer, I'm going to seek out better clarity.  I will definitely keep you posted. 

And I second our previous Insiders... Welcome to the Community!! (even though you've made previous posts )

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi tomba11,

Cara and I heard back from our team and they have advised that as of August 30, 2013, United MileagePlus Premier Members can convert MileagePlus miles to Marriott Reward points.  The conversion rate is one Marriott Reward point for each MileagePlus mile.  A maximum of 50,000 miles may be converted in a calendar year.  Members may request a conversion by calling United Airlines at 800-325-0041 or online at United.com.  United is the only airline which converts their miles into Marriott points.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks!

californian Platinum 37 Reviews

Do you know if there is a cut off on this alliance?  We are getting to the end of the year, will this continue into next year?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

All alliances come to an end, sometime, and no-one can accurately say when. However no announcement has been made so I think it's safe to assume the alliance will continue into 2016. It is worth remembering that this conversion option is an elites only, UA Silver and above only, so although the alliance continues that redemption option can simply be withdrawn at any time, though more typically withdrawal takes place at year end, as in the case of the elites only E135 Marriott $1000 cheques (for 135,000 MR Points) which used to be a redemption option until it was withdrawn without warning at year end a couple of years ago

jeffwilson Silver

Unfortunately this only will work if you are Premier Silver level or higher in United. Which really stinks. I had planned on transferring those miles to my Marriott account today.

This benefit is only available to MileagePlus members who are Premier Silver or higher.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...