8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2015 10:35 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Fantastic Frankenmuth! (MI)

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

Having always been a Christmas Lover, I have now been to "Nirvana"!

This must be the Christmas Capital of North America, and well deserves that title! 

You have two great choices of places to stay, The Fairfield or Spring Hill Suites, staying at The FF, was wonderful!  The town was really a place for tourists and if you like to enjoy a wonderful room, ($100), and walk to great shopping and meals, this place is for you!  Here are a few photo's!  If you have more, please share, and let us all enjoy!

DSCN0512.JPG

Clean and wonderful staff, Karen, really treated us fantastic, and this is the location you will enjoy!

DSCN0513.JPG

Wonderful sights, just outside the hotel!

DSCN0521.JPG

You can enjoy a great river ride, and this photo is from the Frankenmuth Brewery, just across the street from the hotel.  ( I was forced to visit,)

DSCN0523.JPG

Don't forget to shop for your favorite sausage, at Kern's.  The "Hunter's Sausage" is outstanding!

DSCN0515.JPG

There are so many sights within walking distance of the wonderful FF!

Enjoy, and please share your experience!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Frankenmuth, Michigan, USA Fairfield Inn By Marriott Fairfield Inn Frankenmuth
  • Re: Fantastic Frankenmuth! (MI)
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Excellent write up, jerrycoin! I've never been, but it looks wonderful, thanks for sharing! 

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat,

Thanks so much!  There is a whole lot of activity for those who visit Frankenmuth!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Nirvana and you survived with only minor samplings of the forced down local meds huh?  LOL   How do you find such spots is my question and that little river boat looks like a fun tour?

IAHFLYR,

I must have a "Nose" for these devious places!

They just keep "Dragging me back in"!

iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

Mr. Coin, we all know better than having to see pictures of you kicking and screaming at the front door!!

IAHFLYR,

You are so right!

I was "Kidnapped"!  This is what the placed looked like after a few "Med's"

DSCN0520.JPG

bejacob Platinum 38 Reviews

Love Frankenmuth. With family in north central Michigan, it was always on the way either to or from. I particularly remember the family style chicken dinners. What's not to love about them.

bejacob,

Yes, the family style chicken dinners are great, but one has to watch how much food to order.  Had to order off the "Lunch" menu for dinner, as the dinner portions were just too huge.  The Bavarian Inn, was especially nice, but again, watch how much food you order!

DSCN0516.JPG

BTW, the Visitor Center, a short walk from the FF, is really nice and very helpful!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...