4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2015 12:40 PM by jerrycoin RSS

Dear, Dear, Dearborn, MI!

jerrycoin Alumni Steward Platinum 60 Reviews
Currently Being Moderated

There are a lot of lovely places to stay in the USA, but this is a favorite!

The Dearborn Inn, is historic, relaxing, and located so that a family, or couple, can do a lot in a short period of time!

Located, just 12 miles from the Detroit Airport, you will be surprised at the comfort of this fine place.  Having been a guest for over 20 years, it is always a pleasure to visit again!  I would also like to thank, Joy, a housekeeper, for finding and returning some items, I left in my room.  Let me share some photo's with you, of this unique property:

DSCN0496.jpg

Spent a nice evening in The Edgar Allen Poe House, on the property!  You have the whole place, two floors to yourself, and it's rather magical, if not "Haunted"!

DSCN0499.JPG

The are many artifacts in the room!

DSCN0500.jpg

You can't have a fire, but the atmosphere is wonderful in the room!

DSCN0501.jpg

The Raven, keeps an eye on you, outside a door!

DSCN0502.jpg

Just up the street, next to The Greenfield Village, (One of the finest museums anywhere), is a "Farmers Market", Westborn, and it is a fantastic place to shop!

DSCN0507.JPG

30 minutes away, in Grosse Pointe, is The Edsel Ford Home, a neat place to spend some time.  The Ford's have played a major role in American History.

Hope you enjoyed this, and if you have any questions, please let me know.  If you have similar experiences to share, please do!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

Location Brand Hotel
Dearborn, Michigan, USA Marriott Hotels & Resorts The Dearborn Inn, A Marriott Hotel
  • Re: Dear, Dear, Dearborn, MI!
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver

Another excellent write up, jerrycoin!  Great photo's as well.  Definitely looks like a wonderful place to visit.  Since you've been a guest for 20 years, do you have a favorite thing to do in the area?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

carat,

Thank-you!

Yes, there are many memorable places to visit nearby.  Greenfield Village, and Museum are especially nice and within a mile of the hotel.  Likewise, there is a very nice IMAX theatre there as well.  Nearby, is the wonderful Henry Ford Home.  A historic place, visited by many celebrities.

DSCN0503.jpg

Greenfield Village has a wonderful Gift Shop!  A real good place to find "Ford Gifts"!

jakeal Gold 15 Reviews

jerrycoin a great reminder of an awesome trip for my spouse and I to the Dearborn Inn.  It is an absolutely wonderful property.  Glad to see you enjoyed it again!

jakeal,

Thank-you!  It is a special place to stay as well as dine!

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...