5 Replies Latest reply: Dec 17, 2009 5:07 PM by pltnmprincess RSS

Ideas for new perks for Plutonium status

pltnmprincess Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Having just spent this week in Chicago where it snowed just about every day, I would love if Plutoniums received a complimentary ice scraping, snow removing, car warming service.

I also vote for the complimentary spa treatment.

Yes, it's been a rough week.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Ideas for new perks for Plutonium status
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews

How about a Marriott driver and a seat warmer? 

I had a VIP parking space (Platinum Elites Only) in dEnver in late October for that huge snowstorm, and even my remote start rental Escalade could not defeat the two feet of snow on the car--Took me and the valet parking fellows a hlaf hour to get the stuff off so I could see to drive.

Call that the Molybdenum Elites if you will.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

tjcnewyork Platinum

Last January, my wife and I went to Marriott's Wentworth by the Sea in Newcastle New Hampshire.  As guests arrived and enjoyed a Winter Wine Festival hosted at the hotel, a Nor'easter dumped 4 inches creating a winter wonderland.  The views from the Admiral's Suite were breathtaking and so was the workout to the car roadworthy.  Luckily, I did stash a scraper, brush and gloves!  As far as perks, what about complimentary hot chocolate?

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM0323.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM0320-1.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM0328.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM0341.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM0334.jpg

http://i396.photobucket.com/albums/pp50/TOWNHOUSEMEDIA/HPIM0343-1.jpg

pltnmprincess Platinum

SS - I like the idea of a driver and seat warmer....let's add that to the list.

TJC - thanks for posting those gorgeous pics...now I am thinking of booking some time there SOON with my husband.  Do they have a concierge lounge there?  Did you find some good winter activities nearby?

tjcnewyork Platinum

Platinumprincess,

Wentworth by the Sea is a Historic Landmark known for the signing of the Treaty of Portsmouth which concluded the Russo-Japanese War.  It's a Category 6 hotel and the only full service Marriott in New Hampshire w/a Concierge Lounge.  In addition to Platinum/Gold access to CL, BF vouchers on weekends, they also provide complimentary Internet.  In addition to robes they have slippers, but you have to ask - they have a full service spa on-site which I highly recommend.

Wentworth has 3 buildings, the main hotel, the marina suites and Poolhouse/Latitudes, a restaurant.  The Poolhouse/Latitudes building also has changing rooms and guest laundry facilites, but is only open during summer. We've stayed in the main hotel and the marina suites aka Little Harbor Suites.  From the outside, the main hotel features 3 turrets which rise above the main roof structure.  These are duplex suites with 360 degree panoramic views.  We were very fortunate to be upgraded to the Admiral Suite which is in the center turret. (Make sure to ask how the suite is configured.  We prefer to have the bathroom adjacent to the bedroom and not a separate floor.  Because of space limitations in the turrets, the suites are laid out differently.)

The Little Harbor Suites also feature duplex suites which are more like Marriott Vacation Club villas on two levels.  At the marina level where there is a large pool, the suites feature 1 bedroom villas with open living/dining area plus sofabed, fully-equipped kitchens, powder room and W/D.  The bedrooms have a huge master bathroom suite with jacuzzi tub and shower plus his/her vanities.   At parking court level, the Little Harbor Suites feature 1 and 2 bedroom villas with 2-3 baths also in a duplex arrangement with balconies facing the marina.  During the Memorial Day weekend, we stayed in the marina suites.

From the Front Desk, Housekeeping, Concierge Staff, Restaurant Spa and Pool staff, this Insider gives very high marks to Wentworth-by-the-Sea.  Whether paid or on points, the guest experience and service is worth every penny/point.  Truly a remarkable property and outstanding value.

The Wentworth is about 3 miles east of Portsmouth and 3 miles south of Kittery, Maine.  Portsmouth remains an active and vibrant port featuring cobblestone streets lined with fine shops, boutiques, galleries, breweries, pubs and restaurants.  Extremely clean and nicely decorated during the holidays, make sure to bundle-up when you take a stroll and engage in sightseeing.  

There are not less than 3 bridges that straddle the river and connect Portsmouth to Kittery, Maine.  In addition to many fine restaurants that feature fresh Maine lobster, haddock, scallops and other seafood, Kittery has the Tanger designer outlet malls, which is great for whale of a sale watching.

Don't forget to bring a snow brush and scrapers as the Wentworth won't have a clue what a Plutonium is. Have a GREAT time!

pltnmprincess Platinum

TJC, you sold me on the Wentworth....just made my reservation for mid January.  I am hoping that by going mid-week that they will upgrade us without the $150/night charge.  This will be a much needed break for my husband and me - Thank you so much for the recommendation!

Maybe I should call ahead and inform them what "Plutonium" status is so they will have the hot chocolate, slippers, free spa treatment, and snow/ice removal gear all ready for our arrival.... ;-)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...