2 Replies Latest reply: Dec 15, 2009 11:04 AM by anadyr RSS

WARNING: Chase Premier Reward Visa - Auto. Limit Decrease

familysails Gold
Currently Being Moderated

Apparently, Chase is decreasing limits for no reason and with no warning.

If you have the Chase Visa, check your credit limit if you plan to use the card!!  After having the card declined, I called to find out that my limit was decrease.  I received no warning from Chase.

After 15 min on hold, I was told that they decreased my limit due to a lean reported on my credit report.  I had them check, there was no lean!  This process took another 15 min.  Then they said they will put my credit back to were it was, like they were doing me a favor.  (No late charges, no leans, 750+ credit score, still employed...)  However, it would take another 10 min. before I could use the card.

No apology.  No explanation.

I don't walk around with multiple CC in my pocket, so I had no choice but to deal with this, right there at the vendors location.

Marriott should do a better job of selecting and monitoring there partners.

• Re: WARNING: Chase Premier Reward Visa - Auto. Limit Decrease
    jeannieniles Platinum

Chase is cutting their credit lines on everyones card.   Also, when you make a large payment on your credit card so you will have plenty of unused credit available, "they reduce the credit limit again".    

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: WARNING: Chase Premier Reward Visa - Auto. Limit Decrease
    Alumni Steward Platinum 8 Reviews
    No drop here either--Chase even offered to up my limit last time I called ro dispute a double charge. Must be based on FICO scores?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...