finally in Rome, soon to be leaving for a 12 day Crystal

cruise of the Mediterranean, and to date nobody has heard of

the Chairmans Club at checkin!  We have stayed in nothing but

9 star Marriotts and Ritz Carltons. I mentioned the new Chairmans

Club during our first few checkins and I received odd,

suspicious looks. In Amsterdam a deligent receptionist

even asked upper management, and still no knowledge

of this so called Chairmans Club.  So what really are the

benefits other than bragging rights which gets you nowhere?

It's really been an embaressment, I actually thought I may have dreamt

it up, but I could have sworn I received a letter, which I

did in the mail sometime in March. I was relieved to

Google Chairmans Club and actually found that it exists.

I actually have 33,000 vacation clubs points a year to use,

plus at the moment 1.5 million Marriott reward points,

more than double the requirement for this new Chairms Club status,

but still don't understand the benefit.

Obviously I am a believer in the system because

as others have mentioned it really gets you

motivated to travel and see the world. I am mostly

proud that I have been able to share this program

with family and friends which has created lifetime

memories, and especially to hand it down

to our children and their families which is really the value

of it all, because they get it all free other than the

yearly Assoiation Fees they will have to pay, which

is nothing when compared to the vacation value

they will receive for the rest of their lives.

But in the meantime it would be nice if Marriott would

educate their upper management of these new levels

and their new benefits if any?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Chairmans Club?
    carat Community Manager Marriott Associate Silver
    Currently Being Moderated

Great write up and suggestion, whatalife!And Welcome to the Insiders Community!  As you may have already noticed, this is a great forum to talk about all things Marriott.  It's also a wonder place to share your travel experiences, recommendations and hear what other members have to say.  I'm carat and I moderate the community along with lindseyh and deannad.  If you every have any questions or comments, please feel free to reach out to any of us!

I've included a link to our getting started guide, just in case you'd like to take a look.

Getting Started Guide

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

georgia67 Platinum

What is the Chairman's Club?  I have not heard of this before?

guidedog613 Platinum 6 Reviews

HI georgia67, I believe the OP is referring to a status tach he has with Marriott Vacation Club timeshare.  I can understand the lack of knowledge by Marriott Hotels, they are not involved with the timeshare side of Marriott therefore don't know about its tier system. Here is a link to the Marriott site with basic information...

Marriott Vacation Club | Vacation Ownership Timeshare

curiousone Platinum

Correct, it is part of MVCI and having 15,000 VCP points give you Chairman's Club status. I had no idea that I was in the Chairman's Club until I went into an MVCI sales presentation and they complimented me on my Chairman status. When I access my MVCI account on the web site and go to My Vacation Club Portfolio, it does indicate that I have Chairman status. I think this is just the old Premier level with a new name?

jsccj1987 Member

No you actually have larger discounts.  There are several other benefits that Marriott threw in.  This year is 5 years for Destination program.  The changes were made based on owner feedback. Of course Marriott wants to sell more though.  Sales are how any business thrives.

georgia67 Platinum

Thank you for your input curiousness.  I was stumped by the term.  This helps a lot.

Happy Travels.

Georgia67

laketahoe Platinum 3 Reviews

You have the same benefits now at Chairman level as before when you were at Executive Platinum level.  Marriott Vacation Club "tweaked" the membership levels from 3 to 5 to sell more vacation club points.  It's not the same as the Platinum level of Marriott Rewards.  I have twice the vacation club points that you have and don't get anything either.

georgia67 Platinum

Great LakeTahoe.  This is awesome.  Does one have to purchase into the timeshare to participate?

pointjunkie Platinum 2 Reviews

Yes, and as stated your need 15,000 Destination points to reach Chairman's club level.

The points (at the presentation our daughter & son-in-law went to) were going for a mere $12.92/point.

So if "title" is important to you... it's ONLY $193,800.

But of course, maybe the price per point goes down with the larger package you buy.

Laketahoe...you have 66,000 Destination points???????????? 

Geez, I can't imagine what your annual maintenance fees must cost you.

When you said, "I don't get anything either"...what exactly were you speaking of?

We just stayed at Aruba Surf Club for 2 weeks (one with Destination points the other an owner's week)

We received a Welcome card from the G.M. as well as a bottle of red wine and some chocolate truffles.

Luckily, we had family along to handle the wine drinking.

I told them ahead of time about our daughter & son-in-law's 10 wedding anniversary. There was a very clever

towel formation of a swan drinking from a fountain. It was really a nice touch.

laketahoe Platinum 3 Reviews

My wife and I have a quarter share ( 13 weeks ) at Marriott Grand Residence Club in Lake Tahoe since 2002.  In 2014 we were given the opportunity  to join Marriott Vacation Club Destination Exchange Program for a fee and yearly dues and we did.  We traded in all our weeks for Marriott Vacation Club points  We've used the Marriott Vacation Club Points for Colletts tours and stays at other Marriott Vacation Club Resorts.

The Marriott resorts I stayed in did acknowledge my Chairman status with a welcome card and fulfilled my room preference.

The yearly maintenance fee is substantial but I just sit back and let Marriott take care of the property.

Ah now it all makes sense. The Residence Clubs are a 'cut above' the rest.  We stayed for a week there (Lake Tahoe) several years ago. Absolutely beautiful location and resort.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...