6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 2, 2015 5:43 AM by brightlybob RSS

Rewards Stay at London Marriott Grosvenor - Taxes?

jay-mariott Platinum
Currently Being Moderated

Have a 6 night award stay this Oct-6 at the Grosvenor Square Marriott - there's a 60GBP charge "Additional taxes and fees". Comes to 360GBP or $550. Seems like a lot for points stays, I havent done a point stay before, Is this legitimate?

I have a Platinum Elite status, if that helps.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: Rewards Stay at London Marriott Grosvenor - Taxes?
    lindseyh Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi @jay-marriott, and welcome to Marriott Rewards Insiders! I'm so glad to have you join our community, and glad to see you jumping in with a great question.If you ever have any concerns or questions around the program, properties, etc, please feel free to reach out to myself, carat, or deannad. We make up the moderators for this forum and are always happy to help!

You pose a great question here, and I'm going to do some digging into this. I'll follow up with more information once I learn more!

Thanks for posting!

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

Standard rooms are available without any cash element however upgraded rooms, in particular double-doubles carry a £60 per night upgrade charge.

Book the standard room and there will be no additional charges...

deannad Community Manager Marriott Associate Member

Hi jay-mariott,

Our team has gotten back to us and advised that their records show the reservation details are valid.  It will be a total of 225,000 Marriott Rewards points and 60 GBP per night for the additional taxes and fees. These do include the government fees and taxes. 

Hope this clears everything up for you!

jay-mariott Platinum

Thank you for clearing that up. Do you know if this is a flat rate or a percentage?

brightlybob Platinum 10 Reviews

TThe £60 per night is an upgrade charge of £50 plus £10 VAT (tax). Other cash upgrades are available, depending upon dates this hotel offers upgrades to concierge rooms, superiors, double-doubles and junior suites, with the upgrade fee priced differently in each case.

if you searched for a room for 3 or 4 guests the only offer you'd get would be upgraded rooms as no standard rooms at this hotel can accommodate 4 guests.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...