17 Replies Latest reply: Sep 30, 2015 6:48 PM by iahflyr RSS

fun

*lucky1* Silver
Currently Being Moderated

What was the luckiest moment for you?

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

• Re: fun
    iahflyr Platinum 26 Reviews

I have two very very lucky moments.

1.  Meeting my wife.

2.  The birth of my Son and him being completely healthy.

Nothing can beat those two moments in my life.

(For each location tag, you will be guided through a 3-step process to add (1) a city and a state or a city and a country, (2) a Marriott brand, and (3) a Marriott hotel.)

77paris Platinum 17 Reviews

awwwwhhh IAHFLYR - what a great and centered perspective.

Why thank you very much 77paris.  That is most likely my only centered perspective!!!

foxglove Silver 3 Reviews

If Ryan Mallett out-duels Matt Ryan and Julio on Sunday in the Georgia Dome, you can add a third stroke of luck.

Ya know you're correct....but we have another addition to your equation.  #23 will most likely play with limited action and the killer for Faclon Fan, JJ WATT Texans starting QB!!!!

I'd much rather see him at QB than rushing Matty Ice.

Oh he will still be rushing Matty!!!

Well said foxglove, life is so very very precious as my wife recently was in an accident where her car was totaled and she was for all purposes unscathed as well.  I will never forget that call from her at 5:57 PM telling me a guy ran a red light and hit her on the drivers side.

Glad to hear Mrs. IAH was okay. It's a hard (and sometimes painful) reminder about taking the opportunity to consciously appreciate and enjoy each and every day, but a valuable one nonetheless.

Exactly

pluto77 Alumni Steward Gold 25 Reviews

Being born into a life filled with opportunity at every turn, thanks to two people of fine character who happened to be solidly middle class citizens of a first world country.  The rest is history.

Was that Fate or destiny?  Providence or predestination?  Kismet?

Luck???

Surviving a car crash -- relatively unscathed -- in 1981 that I really had no business surviving. But the real fortune comes from the resulting awareness that life is precious, and I'm ever so grateful for every day I get to spend with an extraordinary woman who was nearly a widow after only 16 months of marriage.

jerryl Platinum 2 Reviews

being born in America

*lucky1* Silver

Great answer and glad things turned out alright. Sometimes things happen to make us remember how good we have it and that life is truly precious to one and all.

I also survived a car accident. The vehicle I was a passenger in did not crash but driver tried to avoid puddle of water swerving and vehicle rolled over 3 times. I was thrown from vehicle. I remember opening my eyes and seeing bright white and realized it was a sheet over my face. I sat up and women that was there came to me and was telling me to just lay still, I remember just saying over and over I needed to go to the bathroom and if she would take me to one. I guess I was in terrible shock and was just babbling out stuff. I guess they thought I was gone and covered me with a sheet. I received a fractured skull, whiplash, punctured ear drum and just a bunch of scratched and bruises. Then after a week half of my face got paralyzed. It was 35 years ago when seat belts were not the law. I call it my young and dumb days when us kids would just cruise around speeding down back roads.

Took awhile to heal and my face went back to normal. Everything pretty much healed up but I have terrible arthritis in my spine. All I know is I am thankful to have lived through this terrible time and thank the Lord and family for being there for me. I have been lucky with other things but without this luck of surviving there would be no other times. Glad that terrible time is over!

I've not taken a single day for granted -- much like you, I'm sure -- for 34 years. Sorry to hear you still have to deal with  some residual pain, but it sure beats the alternate outcome.

*lucky1* Silver

Yes, I have pain everyday to some degree but just try to keep moving as best I can. Some days are better then others but can still  enjoy a lot of things.  I like to think of this quote from Helen Keller.

" Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see a shadow "  

That's a beautiful quote -- thanks for sharing.

Yes, really glad you came out of your accident lucky1 alive and hope the Lord will find a way for your pain to subside soon......but Helen Keller was so correct and thank you for sharing your story.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...